Got my Original Master
Jan 25, 2007 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Smasha

Head-Fier
My first ever dedicated headphone amp so I 'm not one to write a review cause I'm a beginner in the headfi world even though I'm an oldtimer.

She sounds great to me .Lovely finish and nice chunky seperate power supply.

Turned her on hooked up to my aging Audigy 2 plat. Ex and dt 990 pros and noticed there was no noise whatsoever coming from the amp.

My first track I christened the amp with is not exactly audiophile production but a fav of mine,Thick As A Brick by Jethro Tull.

Sounded nice and clean straight away with a hint of grit in the top end but left my media player on playing random material from the hard drive for an hour or so and came back.

This time the sound had got much better , top end wasn't as gritty as before and the bass has tightened up nicely. I think my sound card is holding her back.

One of the things I was worried about was could this amp drive my 250 ohm pros-well it can easily-I can turn it up to ear bleeding levels.

I'm very happy with my purchase(I think it's a bargain for the price) and now my next purchase will be a dac or maybe a better sound card-the Auzentech Meridian with upgraded opamps looks tasty or maybe a Lite or Musiland DAC.

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 6
so the original master works with the dt990 as well eh? i saw that amp, thought it looks pretty cool. but i didnt dare to try it.

Jan 26, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 6
Jan 26, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's a decent little unit. used it to drive my K701s for a little while, did an acceptable job of it

off to a new home, along with my old AD700s but some old piccies for anyone interested - http://www.a-chau.net/gallery2/v/mam...es/headphones/

I have heard the OM is happier with higher impedance (above 50 ohms) HPs, is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back