Got my new HD-650's today...please tell me burn-in helps a lot
May 4, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #31 of 33
I also saw a big improvement in the HD-650's after burn in. After 1 week I got the Moon Audio Silver Dragon headphone cable. If you like an improved midrange ,treble and soundstage, you will LOVE this cable !!!!!!!! ,Arrowmark
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #32 of 33
Your source?

Your sonic reference (To what in real life are you comparing sound to in order to achieve realistic reproduction)?

Musical tastes?

How long have you used the headphone? 300 hours should settle them down a lot imho.

Cheers,
Geek

May 4, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #33 of 33
Don't worry, burn in does make a huge difference to the HD-650s. From new they do sound a little bit restrained and lacking in treble energy, but it does completely disappear after around 100-150 hours or so. Just leave them connected up to a tuner or so to burn them in overnight. One week leaving them playing 12 hours each night should largely do the trick. I noticed small improvements/changes up till around the 200 hour mark.

Replacing the stock cable also takes them into another league. The Zu Mobius cable made them even more transparent and with better extension and speed. Well worth the money. I have had my 650s for six months now and as far as I'm concerned I am in seventh heaven! They sound absolutely stunning, with all types of music. They are most certainly not restrained or laid-back sounding now.

They obviously do demand top quality sources and amplification if you want to hear what they are really capable of. In fact, they are so revealing that I feel they would quite happily reward upgrades to the very finest source one could possibly afford.

Patience is all you need
smily_headphones1.gif

John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back