Got my NEC drive today
Sep 16, 2003 at 3:36 AM Post #46 of 74
Welcome to team NEC CDROM.
biggrin.gif

Imagine if this player were tweaked to the max.
eek.gif

Sep 17, 2003 at 6:07 AM Post #47 of 74
Mmm...tweaked....

I plan on building my own ultra-cool cabinet to hold and display the drive, a better power supply, and my DI/O. I still have to order the DI/O, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #48 of 74
Hi Guys,
Just got the 601 today and thought i would share my experience as well.

1. Sound : Sounds pretty good, no complaints about the sound through the analog outs. Initially i felt that there was some noise , but that went away.

2. Build : Like others have been saying , this player is HUGE. Its a lot bigger than i expected, but still manageable.

3. Durability : For something that was manufactured in 94, i have to say that it still looks fantastic after having been around for so long.

4. CDR's : Thats my big complaint so far, some of the CDrs work and some don't.

5. Controls : I wish this thing had a remote, but other than that , the controls are pretty basic and its simple to use.

On the whole, i am quite happy with my purchase so far. The drive is really quite when reading the CD and for 21 bucks shipped, it is value for money.

Sep 18, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #49 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by yishuen

What brand and burner are you having issues with? I've been using Fuji (Taiyo Yuden) + Yamaha F1 with no problems.

Sep 18, 2003 at 5:43 AM Post #50 of 74
Quote:

3. Durability : For something that was manufactured in 94, i have to say that it still looks fantastic after having been around for so long.

I read somewhere(audioasylum?), the lasers are rated for 100.000 hrs. I wonder how many hrs. new cdp's lasers are rated for?
rolleyes.gif
I suspect they aren't rated for nearly as long.

Sep 19, 2003 at 4:05 AM Post #51 of 74
Quote:

Burn at 4x.

Jun 9, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #55 of 74
got mine too ...

Jun 15, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #58 of 74
you mean those without power supplies and just the standard volume, and headphone out that fit in the 5 x 1.5 computer bay? I dont know, but it would be good project to attempt (like find the specific IDE pins that output audio or whatever and so on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back