Got my MS1's today and um..
Feb 17, 2006 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Inter

100+ Head-Fier
I put them on my head and uh.. right out of the box I swear I could hear more detail from these than my HF-1's. What the hell? Is this just placebo effect from being excited about (yet) another pair of cool headphones, or are there anyone else who feel the same way?

For some reason I can hear more of the decay from notes and perhaps especially longer and clearer decay from drums and snares. The sound also sounds more balanced than the Grado, it's like nothing is emphasized, a tad darker perhaps than the Grado but that is because of it's better balance.

I am intrigued!

Gonna burn them in for a few days and then do a comparison, but I am already beginning to doubt my RS-1 buying plans. How's the RS-1 compared to the MS-Pro?

I just might like Alessandro better. Holy moley.

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 6
My MS2 is noticeably flatter than any of my Grados. Mids are a little less forward sounding. Kick drum has less impact. This tends to emphacize more treble and sub-bass. Instruments sound a little more distant too.

Ive never heard the MS pro.

Garrett

Feb 17, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 6
When I compared the HF-1 and MS-1, the HF-1 seemed to be clearer and have a nicer high end. That being said, I preferred the MS-1 mids, lower range, and the slightly different alessandro sound. You're not crazy, perhaps you just have a slightly different sonic preference.

Feb 18, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
My MS2 is noticeably flatter than any of my Grados. Mids are a little less forward sounding. Kick drum has less impact. This tends to emphacize more treble and sub-bass. Instruments sound a little more distant too.

Ive never heard the MS pro.

Garrett

i've never heard any other cans than my ms-1s, but i have to agree completely with the above ^

i feel like the mids aren't forward as well. i can't comment on the kick drum though because it sounds amazing.

strangely though, sometimes i feel like there's not enough treble
confused.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69
Here are my thoughts...
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155584

Nice comparison. I would tend to swing more towards the RS-1 as it's got the qualities I look for in a headphone, but I don't know. I'm really enjoying the MS1 for what it is. This is not gonna be easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back