Got my Headphiled HF-1's!
Feb 21, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 26
Threads like this aren't good for my health. C'mon 1911, bring the cans with you to the National Meet, or you won't get this awesome Cmoy I have waiting for you!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #17 of 26
yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss..tw o more delivered ...that mean we are moving up the list jahn.....
tell you what....i will give you the cans if 1. you pick them up as previously stated...2) you let a line of headfiers at the national meet fart in your face...at least 50 headfiers after the burrito banquet...whaddya say?

Feb 21, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss..tw o more delivered ...that mean we are moving up the list jahn.....
tell you what....i will give you the cans if 1. you pick them up as previously stated...2) you let a line of headfiers at the national meet fart in your face...at least 50 headfiers after the burrito banquet...whaddya say?

*hands you a churro* you know where to stick this to get yer chocolate, 1911.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
*hands you a churro* you know where to stick this to get yer chocolate, 1911.
evil_smiley.gif

LOL another practical use of the mighty churro

Feb 21, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobs
I also received my HHF-1`s yesterday, they are actually identical to yours, maple and 3 inch headband. Only difference is that I got the blackmax cable.

My reaction was basically the same as yours, i was blown away. I immediately noticed the wider soundstage and powerful bass.

I did a quick comparison with my RS-1 yesterday, its too early to give details, but they are very close. I want to wait until i get my ear+ amp before comparing them more indepth. I can say that yesterday i enjoyed the HF-1`s more. They have a quality that makes them really fun listening to. They are also more comfortable to wear, i can hardly feel them on my head.

One thing that surprised me was that i now really enjoy flats on the HF-1`s, i didn`t like them before the mod. I have no idea why this is though.

i'd been against modding my hf-1 but these pics are peaking my interest. i do love how the maple cups match the hf-1 button...

bobs, i'm interested to hear your impressions with the mad ear+...i use the hf-1/mad ear+ combo now and love it. i wonder how much better the headphile mod will make this combo sound...

Feb 21, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #23 of 26
Beautiful. Just beautiful. Did you have Larry refinish the HF-1 buttons to match the maple? Hard to tell from photographs.

Feb 21, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
bobs, i'm interested to hear your impressions with the mad ear+...i use the hf-1/mad ear+ combo now and love it. i wonder how much better the headphile mod will make this combo sound...

I`ll let you know. Of course i cant make a direct comparison since i dont have an unmodded HF-1, but i`ll let you know my impressions.

BTW, here is a picture of mine taken by Larry. IMO, the maple match really well with the button.

rr3.jpg

Feb 21, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #25 of 26
OP: Those are my favorite pair I've seen yet. I love the combination. I have just 1 question: How comfotable is the new headband? Beyer comfortable?

Feb 21, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268
I highly recommend the upgrade for those that already like the sound of the HF-1s. I will take these cans to my grave.
rs1smile.gif

I feel the same way. I wondered what it would take for me to actually replace these with something else....I'm just so profoundly happy with them.

I like the look of the Maple better than the Paduak....but I just deferred to Larry's recommendation of Paduak on my set.

The Paduak is light and less dense seeming than Maple. I hope it holds up as well over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back