Got my Headphiled HF-1's!
Feb 21, 2006 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26
I am so happy with them it's ridiculous. I was shocked that they sound extremely good straight out of my 5G iPod (256 AAC VBR). So clean...so balanced...such great bass.

I had already tried a pair of HHF-1s at a meet, but it was with the shallower wood cups. I got the deeper maple cups (with "standard" Black Silver cable replacement), and the soundstage is huge. I just was not expecting it to be as big as it is. Sounds go way out to the left and right, and can occupy distinct spots in the "headstage", like upper left, etc. I got a 3" leather headband put on as well, which I find to be the perfect size.

Larry does great work, and the transaction was a pleasure. I highly recommend the upgrade for those that already like the sound of the HF-1s. I will take these cans to my grave.
rs1smile.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #2 of 26
Awesome! I read that you liked the pair you heard, so to get your own must be a great upgrade! Pics Please!
icon10.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #8 of 26
cocobolo....cocobolo............

Feb 21, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
cocobolo....cocobolo............

tongue.gif
Come on Jahn, isn't it about time you made that trip?
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 26
I also received my HHF-1`s yesterday, they are actually identical to yours, maple and 3 inch headband. Only difference is that I got the blackmax cable.

My reaction was basically the same as yours, i was blown away. I immediately noticed the wider soundstage and powerful bass.

I did a quick comparison with my RS-1 yesterday, its too early to give details, but they are very close. I want to wait until i get my ear+ amp before comparing them more indepth. I can say that yesterday i enjoyed the HF-1`s more. They have a quality that makes them really fun listening to. They are also more comfortable to wear, i can hardly feel them on my head.

One thing that surprised me was that i now really enjoy flats on the HF-1`s, i didn`t like them before the mod. I have no idea why this is though.

Feb 21, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #11 of 26
BTW, does anyone know how much burn-in time the new cable requires, and how will it affect the sound?

Feb 21, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #12 of 26
edit

Feb 21, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #13 of 26
They are awesome headphones unamped. Probably the best I've ever heard. Great bass and good soundstage for sure. Still prefer my K1000 but they sure as hell cost more lol.

Feb 21, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobs
BTW, does anyone know how much burn-in time the new cable requires, and how will it affect the sound?

takes about 100 hours atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back