Got my HD600: First impressions, Pics and some questions
Nov 20, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RMA

You serious? It sounds perfectly fine right now
frown.gif
Maybe I didn't have them on straight at times and it caused the left channel to sound that way.

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by leberserkfury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i only have a pair of HD650. Are they really better than the HD650?

Depends on who you ask and what gear they have for it. I had HD650 with a Meier Headfive and Little Dot MKIII, and the warmth of their mids made me sell them. I tried HD600 instead and with the LD MKIII they are much more to my liking.

EDIT: Also, I had the old (black) HD650, and have a very old HD600 atm. No idea how the new versions sound.

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #19 of 34
I tried them for Gaming...and they have a much more accurate stereo imaging.

HD555 had a big soundstage but not accurate imaging as compared to HD600.

damn happy...will try them for movies and with television tonite..

Do they need lots of burn in?

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

HD555 had a big soundstage but not accurate imaging as compared to HD600.

damn happy...will try them for movies and with television tonite..

Do they need lots of burn in?

That's a nice big step up from the 555s.
In my opinion they don't need a lot of burn in, but if it's not too inconvenient for you maybe just leave them playing when you're not using them. Until they have about a 100 hours on them at least.
I don't really think it's very important, but I figure why not.

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #22 of 34
thanks..i asked the seller..he also said the same..he said HD600 dont need lot of burn in

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #24 of 34
ya i got some cool nail clippers..since i am playing guitar these days hence i didnt cut them.

Edit: Today i cut them

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, that explains it. You can buy guitar picks that go on your fingers like rings.

Those don't work quite as well as one would wish...

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If u want one headphone forever get these.

Oh my, he got the money hog phones...
biggrin.gif

Yeah, the HD600s are nice. The evil part is that they get better and better the more money you throw at them in the form of evermore insanely big amps, overkill-level sources, fully symmetrical setups, cables dipped in the tears of virgin elves by the full moon...
very_evil_smiley.gif
They do scale upwards very nicely. If you like to experiment with their signature, they can easily (and reversibly) be tweaked by removing the foam that covers the drivers. Just take off the cushions, the foam is not glued in. Removes "that veil" if you should ever suffer from it.

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ve got iBasso D2 Boa as the DAC feeding the signal to my Desktop amp Crossroads Edge Amp.

they are not really as Amp hungry as many say...i mean Sound quality might not be perfect but they run loud and good enough to distinguish from any headphone.

Now i ve got one more year before i start working for myself..then i can get the recommended $1000 amp.

What music do u recommend for them?

They are very amp hungry. Compare them with a stellar beefier amp, and you will see how under powered they are in your set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back