got in a car accident but
Aug 12, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #31 of 31
The way I understand it, ANY collision where a car hits the one in front of it is viewed as the rear driver's fault (following too close).

I had some genius in front of me decide to come to a complete stop on the turn exit of a very busy 4 lane road, as he decided he felt like merging left and going strait through the light, in the poring rain lol. I hit the brakes, did the hydroplane twist and shout, and missed him by several inches, only to get slammed by someone behind me lol. Of course the driver in front of me was completely oblivious to everything happening, and was watching to merge. He was able to get over and go along with his life, happily ever after. While I got to talk to the other driver in the rain, with everyone honking and giving me the bird, lol.
The cool thing was I was driving a 1988 Ford Taurus crap-heap, and could care less about damage to the car, which was minimal. The person who crashed into me was so happy that I didn't care that we didn't even exchange info.

Moral of the story is NEVER underestimate the powerful stupidity of other drivers. The MVA awards drivers licences to anyone with a pulse apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back