got in a car accident but
Aug 12, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I say let it go, but hopefully without getting the insurance companies invoved (if you feel comfortable).

Sudden wet road or not, I would assume you were following just a little too closely.

yah keep the insurance guys out. They are daylight robbers.

When im about to die, im going to drive my car filled with cans of kerosene into a ferrari showroom and make my insurance firm bleed.

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW! $795 for a few bad scratches?! That's just crazy!

Thank goodness the hitman business is still around.

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #19 of 31
Glad to hear you're not out to bad there, it certainly could have been much worse. Unfortunately it seems very hard to defend running into a car ahead of you, because the argument is always that you were following too closely behind it to stop properly in the event of an emergency. While the situation certainly ain't fun, just be glad it was only a minor accident, nobody was injured, and that you made it ten years driving in LA without an accident.

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #20 of 31
I've been hit from behind twice in just a few years of driving. Luckily, in both cases I saw the person coming too quickly and managed to move forward so there was essentially no damage. The second time was just a couple of weeks ago. I stopped, the woman behind me stopped (probably too close), and the woman behind HER smacked into the back of her car, pushing her forward enough to tap the back of my car even though I quickly moved forward.

Earlier this week, some unidentified genius in the Ikea Toronto parking lot scraped the hell out of the side our brand new Mazda 6 (down to metal) and drove off without leaving a note
mad.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank goodness the hitman business is still around.

It would cost a lot more than $795 for a pro.

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Somehow I'm afraid to ask how you know that.
frown.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What really? where do i get the contacts? Do they use sniper rifles?
I wanna kill that bloody hare that has forgotten all about the previous hostage crisis and started to roam my lawn again.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #24 of 31
i just hand him over the check. this guy lives 5 blocks away from my house..
another thing is that this guy works at a body shop. so i guess we all know where he got the estimate from
plainface.gif

anyways, as long as this guy doesnt bother with this any more, ill be cool.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
signed paper. i dont know how effective this paper thing is but it should at least be better than nothing.

You could have the guy put in writting that he's received the amount for the "Settlement" of the incident.

It might help to prevent other headache down the road.
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could have the guy put in writting that he's received the amount for the "Settlement" of the incident.

It might help to prevent other headache down the road.
wink.gif

exactly what i wrote on the paper, that he signed
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I got in a tiny fender bump, and the guy decided to claim "soft tissue injuries to the head and neck" (a.k.a. Whiplash) from a 4mph crash.

The accident claim was investigated as fraud, got overturned, and was pretty much off my record. But then later, the guy sued my insurance company, and they ended up settling. Up went my insurance rates. What? BTW, the insurance company was Allstate, I dropped them in a California minute and switched to AAA for all my insurance.

-Ed

That's terrible. I just have to believe in Karma.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exactly what i wrote on the paper, that he signed
smily_headphones1.gif

Great thinking cantsleep. Glad no one was hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back