Got Free lunch from USPS
May 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I'm not exactly happy with it. I sent out stuff using USPS express with next day delivered guaranteed. It arrived 2 days later which is unacceptable since it's only from Philly to Washington DC and I really need that mail delivered the next day, otherwise I just use regular mail, it's going to take them 2 days anyway.

However, the claim process is painless, go to the post office I sent it out, showed the express slip, they called the USPS corporate to check the status and issued refund, no question asked, took 20-30 mins for the whole process though.

I just want to share this with you guys, and which company should I use next for my next day delivered guarantee? Fedex, UPS?

May 15, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 7
Fedex costs a bit more but they typically honor their time guarantees much better than UPS in my experience. It's not uncommon for me to receive a package from UPS 1-2 days later than the longest advertised time, and it's usually smashed or punctured in some way. FedEx usually delivers packages either on time or a day early and in good shape.

My last damaged package from UPS ended up costing me $45 in return shipping, including a $5 "fuel surcharge" charged two full weeks after I shipped the package back to Chicago. I've filed a claim and called them multiple times but I've yet to see a single cent a full year later.

Edit: Not to mention, the local UPS drivers NEVER knock or ask for a signature when it's required. I would have refused the above mentioned and obviously destroyed package had the driver simply knocked. Instead, the driver simply chose to forge my signature.

May 15, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 7
Sucks that it took 2 days, when you obviously paid for over-night shipping!
Hopefully the lunch tasted good though..
smile.gif

May 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 7
FedEx is mostly reliable, but they've put us through some hell on packages from LA to Las Vegas. Still, I trust them enough to use them.

The most reliable is the courier service at the office. They have a network with other couriers and process servers across the country. They will get anything anywhere, but it costs. A couple times, they've driven stuff to the airport, put it on a flight, then had someone meet the plane, pick it up, and deliver it. This is expensive, but if you're in a tight situation, remember that private couriers can do amazing things.

I also use the USPS guarantee for free shipping now and then. I'll send overnight when it isn't critical, expect them to blow it, then get a refund. It can be the least expensive shipping anywhere.
wink.gif

May 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 7
I used to use Fedex till one of my packages arrived completely destroyed.

Now I only use USPS and haven't had a single problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back