GOT DAMN... for SF5's owners!
Feb 27, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #16 of 27
I don't know if this is confusing, but if you can just snip the part of the plastic and tear it the rest, than it's a little easier to take off (w/ pliers).

Feb 27, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosgis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Feedback? I would love to know if the Comply's fit perfectly on the SF5's.

My order is on the way. I'll post my opinions when they get here, hopefully soon...

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 27
links to this please...I still love the complys a little over the Shure black foamies.

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surely, you jest.

I think he was serious about them, and don't call him Shirley......
wink.gif

(Sorry - couldn't resist....)

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #20 of 27
I have the new Comply (T-400) for my TF10 and they're simply wonderful. Before trying any serious modding with the Olives etc, try these first. They isolate, they stay in and they're comfortable, something I couldn't say of the UE foams/single flanges/modded ER4 foams I tried before that. The new comply did for my TF10 what the Shure Olives did for my ER4. Enough hyperbole already?
biggrin.gif

No but seriously my TF10 have gone from "a bit awkward to use" to "comfortable and great fitting". Of course it's all relative as I hated the old UE foams and the standard YMMW disclaimer applies. Can't say much about durability yet as I've only had them for a week.

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #21 of 27
Looking forward to hear how the fit on the SFI5.
How durable is the Comply's by the way? Are they easy to clean? Washable? How long do you think they last before the need to be replaced with new ones?

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

How durable is the Comply's by the way? Are they easy to clean? Washable? How long do you think they last before the need to be replaced with new ones?

How long they last is very dependent on how you treat them. They are slightly porous so they will pick up dirt, oils, etc. over time. If your hands are dirty when you compress them, they will get dirty. If you don't keep your ears clean then, well....... Also, I have found that they don't lend themselves to washing, but an occasional wipe with some rubbing alcohol seems to help. Overall, I get about 60-90 days on a set depending on how much I use them and environmental conditions.

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #23 of 27
Thanks for a quick and good explanation. I clean my ears everyday, so I don't think that will be a huge problem.
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #24 of 27
Has anyone found a good UK source for these? The delivery form Comply-Foam themselves is $15 - more than the cost of 3 pairs alone! To be honest I want to see if I can get hold of just one set of Shure black olives in small and medium and attempt to mod those before buying these Comply ones.

Unless the Complys have the same coating that the black olives do and are easy to keep clean.

Feb 28, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

I use Westone UM2's with the comply tips. Mine get dirty pretty quick due to me using them almost daily in my landscaping business. I've been able to keep the same sets (3-4) in almost new condition for over a year by doing a simple wash. I take a small jar (less than 4 oz.) with lid, and fill it with a 40/60 mixture of rubbing alcohol and water. Place the tips in jar, put the lid on and and then shake for a few minutes. Don't squeeze or try to dry them off. Set them on a paper towel with the plastic inner piece down. Let them dry for a day or two before handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back