Got beyerdynamics dt 770 pro 80 ohm starting to hear imperfections.
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

FrostV

New Head-Fier
After getting beyerdynamics dt 770 pro 80 going from lower level headphones i have noticed a lot more clicking sounds in soundclips be it music or other stuff. This is most obvious on youtube with amateur recordings. It almost disappears hearing professionally made sound but even hearing flac. files it some times happens. I would like to know what the source of this is. At first i was afraid it was the headphones but as i said it almost goes away hearing better sources and the clicking sound are a 100% reproducible if i repeat the part of soundclip where i hear one. They also almost always come in only one ear but can be found again in both ears if i force mono. Is this do to bad microphones during recording or something like that? I am just surprised hos present this has become after getting better headphones.

On i side note thanks head fi i have been lurking here for some time and learnt a lot. 

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 13
What source(s) are you plugging the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm headphones into?

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 13
Clicking seems unlikely to be a function of the headphones, unless yours have some massive manufacturing defect, and even then I'd be surprised to get that specific result.
I have 770 Pro's, and they began to fulfill their promise the day I plugged them into a Schiit Asgard2 headphone amp. The sources I had before that (RME Babyface, plain old integrated audio) were not adequate drivers for these headphones.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 13
I use the unboard Realtek ALC889 right now but if it random noise do to emf and other components then it is odd that the clicking sounds are so perfectly reproducible. Would it not be more likely that it is the recordings that are the source of the clicking sound?

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 13
I also just received the same headphones and I think you are describing the exact same thing I noticed upon first listening with these. It's a clipping/ clicking/ rattle that I got mostly in the right ear and it scared me. I think it is imperfections in the tracks as I can repeat the same 3 seconds and hear it every time. During most songs everything sounds crystal clear...even very bassy tracks. I read some stuff about bass causing rattles if a hair is on the driver, but this actually happens more during loud higher pitched sounds. I think the headphones just expose the imperfections in certain tracks, but I am not expert. I just wanted to share my experience as well.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 13
  I use the unboard Realtek ALC889 right now but if it random noise do to emf and other components then it is odd that the clicking sounds are so perfectly reproducible. Would it not be more likely that it is the recordings that are the source of the clicking sound?

The DT770s might be showing imperfections in your audio and video files.
(You were using bargain priced headphones before)
Have you tried playing an Audio CD, see if you still get clicking noise?
Your motherboard might be generating electrical noise that the on-board audio is picking up.
You could try an Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card, $27.99.
It's a low cost way of trying to fix your "clicking noise" problem.

There is the Fiio E10, $76, USB-DAC-Amp.
As it's external, so it would not be affected by electrical noise from inside the computer case.
But it would be 2-channel audio, no surround sound.

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #10 of 13
Thanks for the responds. Again i just seem to find more and more imperfections in my music after getting the new headphones well that is the something i just have to get used to. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #12 of 13
@FrostV

Try with some other source as well, that'll rule out the hardware/software issue.

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 13
It's probably clipping due to hot mastering. Listen to better music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back