Google Pixel (Phone & Audio Quality)
Oct 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #16 of 79
I have a preorder in for 128GB Pixel so I'll follow up in the coming weeks.

According to Qualcomm: The power of the Snapdragon 821 processor extends into the Pixel smartphones’ audio capabilities through stunning Hi-Fi audio playback. The phone features the Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec, designed to deliver high dynamic range and high-resolution playback up to 192kHz/24bit to create a remarkable audio experience designed to match the demands of the modern audiophile.

(https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2016/10/04/pixel-phones-made-google-powered-snapdragon-821)

If Note 7 with same Aqstic and no Mentioned Dedicated Amp hype are to go by then I'm hoping to at least hear decent audio from a Google device.

I find Note 7 (US Snapdragon Variant) to be very good for US CDMA Smartphone.

LG V20 seems to be over hyped if GSMarenas audio headphone tests are to be considered. (I'll have to wait to actually give a listen once that Phablet arrives locally, but early judgement is disappointing seeing the Quad-Dac hype and then seeing the stereo crosstalk reading in comparison to Note 7 & HTC 10)

Fingers crossed it sounds on-par or better than Note 7 :wink:

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #19 of 79
What's the point of this thread? I didn't see any specs about the audio circuitry, unless I missed it...

Someone mentioned something about Qualcomm stating the audio capabilities of this chipset are "improved"... Is the DAC on the same die as the digital logic for the Snapdragon?? If, so I wouldn't go anywhere near that thing... the digital switching noise would be pretty strong in the analog path.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #21 of 79
  Could it drive a basshead cans well ? They demand lots of power to shine. For example JVC HA-SZ2000 needs at least 2x400mw to shine

Haven't heard those SZ2000s but the V10 puts out 2V max and drives my hungry Fostex T50rp mk3s pretty well.

If it can't drive them, then that leaves only a handful of daps in existence that can. The JVCs appear to rated at 16 ohms so you may need to put the V10 in aux mode (check the threads for how) for best results.

Don't know why this thread exists. Have yet to see any details about the Pixel phone hardware that suggests audiophile quality.

Unsubbed.

Oct 6, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #22 of 79
Haven't heard those SZ2000s but the V10 puts out 2V max and drives my hungry Fostex T50rp mk3s pretty well.

If it can't drive them, then that leaves only a handful of daps in existence that can. The JVCs appear to rated at 16 ohms so you may need to put the V10 in aux mode (check the threads for how) for best results.

Don't know why this thread exists. Have yet to see any details about the Pixel phone hardware that suggests audiophile quality.

Unsubbed.

Hawaiibadboy what do you think of this statement regarding htc v10 ?

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #27 of 79
I think we should keep this thread around because of a few of us have preordered the phone and can comment on the audio quality in a week and a half. I know I certainly will :)

-Collin-

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #28 of 79
  I think we should keep this thread around because of a few of us have preordered the phone and can comment on the audio quality in a week and a half. I know I certainly will :)

-Collin-

This is coming and there are threads for items that are crowdfunded and months to year away. No reason for this not to exist unless someone else wanted to be the OP? It's selling in stores from October 20.

I wish it had a bigger screen
angry_face.gif
  I'll be sticking with my Note 4, PHA-3 stack for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back