Goodbye X3! )': Hello [don't know yet]!
Nov 10, 2007 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LordZero

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

First of all, sorry for my English.

Well, after 5 months my X3's need to be replaced.
First was the left side ( 1/2 months ago), it opened up, I tried to glue them, but they opened up again, but even with them like that, I could use them without they split, just snap them together and tried not to do unnecessary force. Then (3 days ago), was the right side, it opened up too, but this time in the place where without glue they fall apart.

leftqt5.jpg
rightah8.jpg

Anyone had the same problem?They still work, in fact I was kinda surprised when the left side was pushed so hard and the driver came out of the "case" hit the floor,and it still worked like before.

Anyway, I don't know what to buy now, I love the sound of X3's, but I'm afraid of having the same problem again (or other problems), the ATH-CK7 seems to fit my needs, but the price here in Portugal is very high (146USD). So I think I have to go with the X3's again.

If someone know a good EU site, that sell the ATH-CK7 or other good IEM's at a good price, I would be very grateful. And if someone want to give opinions of another IEM's to buy, they are very welcome.

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Nov 10, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 4
I'll second Audio Cubes. That's where I got my pair, and they do ship internationally as they are based in Japan. Very quick shipping I might add. They shipped mine the same day I ordered them, and even arranged a Sunday delivery which I wasn't even aware that they offered.

Unlike the X3, the CK7 is built like a tank. They also sound better IMO. Also, those tips you have pictured will work great with them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back