Goodbye to a great friend and fellow head-fi member...
Oct 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
I just learned today that a good old friend of mine died two months ago. Peter, or Petery83 as he was known here, was never much of a poster, but he was a great friend with a deep love for music and hi-fi in general. I met him not long after I joined head-fi at a meet held at the UE factory in Irvine. We met by the coincidence that we were both students at the same school and we teamed up for a human anatomy competition there at the UE factory to win, some then new and unreleased Super-fi Pro's. It was a blast and we remained in contact for many years thereafter.

He left head-fi and hi-fi in general to follow his dream of becoming a doctor and begin his study of medicine. Before he left the state to study medicine,  we got to hang out for a while and listened to a lot of music together. He even graciously offered to give me all of his gear. I said no and he jokingly said "Well, fine, how about if you just hold on to it for me until I come back." We laughed and I still declined and told him that I would feel bad if it ever got nicked or damaged. 

That was the last day I saw him in person, nearly four years ago. We kept in touch but we were both too busy to do it often unfortunately.

I hope he knows he is and was missed dearly.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=941164975714&ref=mf

RIP

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 13
R.I.P.

How did he die, if I may ask?

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 13
He sounds like a great friend to have, my condolences especially to you and his family.

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 13
Oct 18, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 13
Sorry to hear of his passing and my best wishes to his family and friends.

Wish he would have spent a little more time posting here - I would have liked to have known him better.

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 13
R.I.P Peter

No amount of words can ever fully express such a loss. Just makes you stop and think how short and fragile a life can be.  

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Sorry to hear of his passing and my best wishes to his family and friends.

Wish he would have spent a little more time posting here - I would have liked to have known him better.

I always told him to post more...but he was a bit reserved when it came to posting. I always told him it was a shame as he had great taste in music and a fantastic sense of humor.

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #11 of 13
I only spoke with him briefly at meets and at the UE tour. He was a super nice guy.

I remember at the end of the UE tour I was walking around kind of aimlessly in the parking lot because I parked far away from the office and he drove up to me and asked if I needed a ride somewhere. I hadn't even really spoken to him or anyone at the UE thing because I was a total noob and didn't know anything about hi-fi.  But he was happy to help a total stranger. Would've been a great doctor I'm sure.   

Very sad to lose someone like that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back