Goodbye Cruel World
Oct 28, 2005 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

AlphaOmega

New Head-Fier
I have given up recommending any kind of headphone because everybody
perceives sound differently since their ears and head are uniquely shaped.
(Let alone the effects of different sources in varying environments.)

Headphone shopping is a crap shoot and you just have to piss away a lot
of time and money trying everything out until to find what you like.

Other peoples opinions are worthless.

Goodbye cruel world!

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 39
He'll be back
biggrin.gif

Maybe next time, with loudspeakers
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 39
this leads to the ultimate question, what is the point of life...

answer: to set off for the ultimate quest to search for the answer

why is there head-fi?

answer: to satisfy the people who's on their ultimate quest for headphones...if we could all find what we want, we wont' be here, or maybe, some of us just likes the idea of searching...

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 39
i spent $300 for a pair of 325i.
but last night i found that PX100 is just worse than 325i about 30% and the most important thing is, i dun really think PX100 is bad and i love it too.

how can i explain?

It is good for you though to quit

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 39
I think people are bashing the guy cause he's being obvious but inappropriate. If members didn't recommend phones or write reviews and crap (biased or not), then no one would have anything to go off of. Yeah it's a crapshoot, but so is everything else in life. When I first came to head-fi and knew jack about jack, people gave me an "idea" of what I might like based on preferences, price, comfort. If they didn't, I'd just be looking for a needle (or two) in haystack. I had to put in my own effort to find a right one. Notice I didn't use "the".
tongue.gif
We've all gone through this, and that's we try to help noobs and the like.

It IS true that some with the same listening prefences listen to similar phones. That's a good thing, cause you can recommend as such. Course the opposite applies. There will always be those who like grados for classical and orchestra, or senn for rap, ety's for headstage, etc. Everything is subjective, but there's always at least a bit of truth to certain stereotypes/consensuses. But if people just stopped giving a damn and didn't help anyone cause of the whole f'ed upness of this whole hobby, then what'd be the point of this site being here?

Course, I think the OP was just saying that he was leaving and I/we read too much into his post. Or maybe we were close to the truth, I dunno.

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I think people are bashing the guy cause he's being obvious but inappropriate. If members didn't recommend phones or write reviews and crap (biased or not), then no one would have anything to go off of. Yeah it's a crapshoot, but so is everything else in life. When I first came to head-fi and knew jack about jack, people gave me an "idea" of what I might like based on preferences, price, comfort. If they didn't, I'd just be looking for a needle (or two) in haystack. I had to put in my own effort to find a right one. Notice I didn't use "the".
tongue.gif
We've all gone through this, and that's we try to help noobs and the like.

It IS true that some with the same listening prefences listen to similar phones. That's a good thing, cause you can recommend as such. Course the opposite applies. There will always be those who like grados for classical and orchestra, or senn for rap, ety's for headstage, etc. Everything is subjective, but there's always at least a bit of truth to certain stereotypes/consensuses. But if people just stopped giving a damn and didn't help anyone cause of the whole f'ed upness of this whole hobby, then what'd be the point of this site being here?

Course, I think the OP was just saying that he was leaving and I/we read too much into his post. Or maybe we were close to the truth, I dunno.

you don't say..I find HF1 sounds beautiful with Mauler #3 and I like my HD600 with pop...
biggrin.gif
and I did find ety soundstage accurate when I had the er6i...
600smile.gif
does that make me crazy? I think NOT

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
you don't say..I find HF1 sounds beautiful with Mauler #3 and I like my HD600 with pop...
biggrin.gif
and I did find ety soundstage accurate when I had the er6i...
600smile.gif
does that make me crazy? I think NOT

Uh . . I think you misread my post.

Oct 28, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_long
this leads to the ultimate question, what is the point of life...

answer: 42

Edited your post for truth...
biggrin.gif

It's all personal opinion, as I learned in my search for IEMs. moot point for me, my parents wont let me spend that much on headphones anyways...

The best thing to do is to go to a store and try different 'phones out, but there arn't any stores near me that do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back