Good workout headphones w/ iPod controls that are somewhat sweat resistant
Dec 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hungarianhc

New Head-Fier
So I just bought the new Bose MIE2I headphones the other day. I know people here aren't generally the hugest bose fans in the world, but forget the price / quality of sound, I fell in love with the fit on them. I can run for hours, and they aren't annoying and they never need to be readjusted.

Anyhow, I have an iPod Nano, and this thing is pretty worthless for workouts, as there are no controls on it. I'd go with the shuffle, but i like the ability to pick my playlist / song / podcast on the screen. The new Bose headphones were great as they had the iPod controls on them. Also, the controls were light so they didn't swing around too much when I went running.

I went on a pretty long run today, and after sweating a good bit, I noticed that the track would change randomly, etc. Next thing I knew the volume control didn't work anymore. So basically, a bit of sweat, and these things are toast. I'm going to take them back. I'd love to get the same buds and give them one more try, but I'm assuming the same thing will happen.. Anyone have good recommendations? I know there are a lot of threads about athletic earbuds, but i'm curious to see if someone else who gets pretty sweaty during workouts has a pair of headphones that still works. Thanks!

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 3
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 3
The klipsch image s5i look pretty rugged and has iPod controls. Klipsch deems them to he all weather headphones too, so I'm guessing they'd be pretty sweat resistant.

"Extremely durable and perfect for active outdoor lifestyles, the Image S5i Rugged features a mic and oversized moisture-resistant three-button remote to put music and phone call controls at your fingertips"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back