Good watch for $100?
Jan 2, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
seiko automatic divers watch - a lot on ebay at that price .
no need for batteries.

Yeah, i forgot to mention their automatic. So no need for batteries BUT, their a bit less accurate and they wind up on your hand movement.

I`ve heard their built like tanks, but ofcourse that`s a given since their Divers watches.

Jan 2, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #18 of 22
ive worn my fossil watch for about 97% of the time that i've had it... which is going on 4+ years now (ive slept, showered, swam, etc, with it).... battery replaced once... i beat the hell out of it but it still works perfectly

Jan 2, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan_01
some of the fossil watches on ebay look pretty nice. i think thats what i will be going for. any reason not to buy one on ebay?

As long as the seller is reputable, I don't see why not. As a matter of fact I bought my 2nd Fossil off of eBay. I don't remember the seller's ID but I've been very happy with the watch. Have you checked out the Fossil website to browse through the various styles? They have some pretty neat ones on there. I like the Kaleido collection...the face alternates colors and it's a neat effect. I gave my ex-gf one and she loved it.

Jan 2, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #21 of 22
I've had a fossil for about 14 years now and is still trucking along. I've had to replace the battery a few times, and the leather band once, but that's the only complaint. I've also had a Hugo Maxx brand watch, and it's done as well without the need for a new strap for a year longer than the Fossil. Both watches were bought for under $70 back then.

As far as a feature rich watch. I got a Nike Oregon Alticompass watch last year that is awesome. I doubt that you can get it for under $100, but the strap is much nicer then the previous generation had, and the alarms, timers. compass, etc all make this watch an excellent travel tool for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back