Good watch for $100?
Dec 31, 2004 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

TheMuffinMan_01

500+ Head-Fier
I had a Nike watch that broke over and over again, luckily Nike replaced it a couple of times but now its completely ****ed. So I was wondering, what would you guys consider to be a good watch for around $100 Canadian (not over, I know how you guys think :O) I liked some of the functions of my Nike watch like the timer, alarms and stuff. basic stuff. I would like a simple design, nothing super fancy. soooooooo could you guys give me some suggestions as to what to look into, or some specific recomendations? Thanks in advance.
wink.gif

Evan

Dec 31, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 22
The only thing I didn't like about my old nike watch was that the wristband kept breaking.

if you didn't need the alarms and such i'd recommend the entry level Swiss Army Watch with the canvas wristband. That thing is a trooper, and the simple white face is a bonus - you can wear that in casual, formal, sports, you name it.

Dec 31, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 22
I have a fossil watch, doesn't have any bells and whistles, just a plain old watch. Had the battery changed twice in the last 3 1/2 years and it works just fine and i've beaten the hell out of it.

Dec 31, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 22
You can find the Swiss Army Wenger version watches heavily discounted.
Their version has "swiss military" written on the face vs. swiss army.
I've found a nice stainless steel bracelet one for $50. It's still a swiss quartz watch and should last.

Dec 31, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 22
If you like somewhat different looking watches, I'd recommend Android USA. I have their Ultra [Blue] Watch, and it hasn't let me down for about 2 years now. Nothing special at all about it; no second hand, no numerals, no light, heck, it's not even waterproof, but it looks spiffy. (note, most of their other watches DO have the above mentioned features, this is just a minimalist one) Most of 'em come around the ~$80 mark (roughly what $100 CAD comes out to), so you oughta be good.

Dec 31, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 22
why is no one saying the obvious? the man needs a casio g-shock...i had one for a decade!! it is still going strong...i just need to change the battery again..
nike sucks...my wife's malfunctioned.....casio is the way to go for electronic watches...
now if you want a dressy watch get an omega professional seamaster..the ladies luv it!

Jan 1, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #9 of 22
1911 said it best, i think you will like a Casio G-Shock watch.

Also a Omega Seamaster Pro is $1,000+ ..no?

But if he really wants a nice divers watch, and is willing to spend $200 USD, he should get a Seiko one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back