good video game sound tracks?
Nov 18, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #16 of 30
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the Advent Rising soundtrack yet. The soundtrack actually made me buy the game. Good stuff. I also highly recommend the soundtracks from Rez (for the love of God buy this game if you don't have it already), Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Einhander, Xenogears, and all three MGS games.

Also high on my playlist is the OST from Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne. Highly recommend both game and soundtrack.

Nov 18, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #17 of 30
FFXII (I've never played VII sadly, so I can't vouch for it.)
F-Zero

Honorable mentions:

The main theme of the Tom Clancy games (the new Socom commercial is playing the song)
Vice City (particularly everything on VRock)
Main theme of Halo
Main theme of Metriod Prime
Main theme of Elder Scrolls 4
(I love theme songs
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Main theme of Metal Gear series
And of course, the BATTLEFIELD 2 theme!

Nov 18, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #19 of 30
The Dig
Full Throttle
Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island (1,2,3)
(Someone likes LucasArts adventures
wink.gif
)
Ultima VII
Final Fantasy VII
I also really liked the music in Half-life and Half-life 2, even though there's not too much.

Nov 18, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #20 of 30

Super Smash Bros. Melee SMASHING LIVE...!!
PM me if you really want it. I have it in 320kbps MP3 file...
It's just plain awesome.

I'm also going to have to say the orchestrations for the various Zelda games.

Nov 18, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #25 of 30
"Uncle Terry" is the man.

Nov 19, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #26 of 30
The Outcast soundtrack is IMHO the finest game soundtrack ever. I mean seriosuly, its the Russian Philharmonic Orchestra!

Also of note, Total Annihilation. Im also a fan of the old 16-bit megadrive music. Streets of rage, Sonic the hedgehog and such. I even re-recorded the Streets of Rage 2 music at EMU0 because I thought it sounded better when it wasnt so fast.

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Outcast soundtrack is IMHO the finest game soundtrack ever. I mean seriosuly, its the Russian Philharmonic Orchestra!

Also of note, Total Annihilation. Im also a fan of the old 16-bit megadrive music. Streets of rage, Sonic the hedgehog and such. I even re-recorded the Streets of Rage 2 music at EMU0 because I thought it sounded better when it wasnt so fast.

Man I can't believe I forgot about Outcast. Totally underrated game. I also want to add Beyond Good and Evil and Gitaroo Man (this game is just plain nuts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back