Good upgrade from ATH-M50
Aug 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
Guess it's the v-modas now. I'll get custom anime related metal ear plates. Probably FMA logo or something.
Also, what's an IEM?

Make sure you use the V-MODA provided template (PSD file, use GIMP2 for edit if you don't have Photoshop) for accurate sizing.  I made the mistake of being lazy and just sent them a JPG and ended up looking a bit small.  You can see the pics in my profile or the M-100 trend for more details.
IEM = In-Ear Monitor, or basically earbuds that goes inside your ear canal.  You might have seen some of these from Apple Store like the UE700/900 just as an example.

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:
Make sure you use the V-MODA provided template (PSD file, use GIMP2 for edit if you don't have Photoshop) for accurate sizing.  I made the mistake of being lazy and just sent them a JPG and ended up looking a bit small.  You can see the pics in my profile or the M-100 trend for more details.
IEM = In-Ear Monitor, or basically earbuds that goes inside your ear canal.  You might have seen some of these from Apple Store like the UE700/900 just as an example.

Oh that's what it stood for. Thanks!

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
Oh that's what it stood for. Thanks!

NP, good luck at school, and maybe grad school later.

p.s. where and what are you studying?

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #19 of 25
AKG K550 and M100 are completely different animal meant for different genre and taste! The K550 are far more neutral and the M100 are bassy with a recessed mids!

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #22 of 25
I've read that the m100s are uncomfortable. I have a big head, so will that be an issue?

The m-100 s are some of the most comfortable hps I've owned. If u have a big head, try pre-stretching them by clamping them around some books or something. Their clamping force is not an issue for me.

Aug 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #23 of 25
I've read that the m100s are uncomfortable. I have a big head, so will that be an issue?

High school student as well! Lol, first year... XD

I have heard someone with big ears finding the M100 to be uncomfortable and the headband does not stretch long!

Billson :)

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #24 of 25
It have a huge head and I game with the M-100 for 8 hours straight and it's fine. The head band is metal and you can bend it anyway you want. But what people found troubling is the cup depth. You got 60 days far full refund from V-MODA so it is not like you will get stuck with it if it doesn't work out for you.

Ps it's never too early to plan for your future.

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #25 of 25
Just tested an AKG K550, and a Bayer 770 pro 250ohm, and the ATH M50.

I must say the Bayer 770 was very comfy, and the AKG K550 pads just wrapped all around my ear, thus super comfy. For the ATH, i find it difficult to wear as it did not show me where the L or R is..

But sound wise, AKG K550 and the V-MODAs are completely different.. K550 has an amazing soundstage. But. To my ears, they had no bass at all, compared to those 2. It all depends on what you want to hear, classical, vocals, i think the K550 would win against the M50, not quite sure about the V-Moda tho.

But for bass, the rest are above the K550.

Just my 2 cents, and note that i'm not a pro at these. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back