Apr 22, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #46 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a nickel-chromium plating where
chrome is applied over a layer (or multiple layers) of nickel plating
Nickel-chromium is a very versatile decorative coating that, by
subtle changes to substrate or the plating chemistry, can produce
a variety of surface finishes from mirror bright to dull satin with
a whole range of lustrous effects in between.

Thanx! Good comparison shot of the finish differences!

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #47 of 66
Hi,
Think I am going to buy a gaggle of Neutrik XX-HEs. Do I need the HTX or HTXP tool to get the bushing tightened down? Is it a waste of cash? Can I just use a vice grip wrapped in a towel? Anyone have experience with this Neutrik tool?

May 1, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #49 of 66
I really think that Neutriks are the smartest as they have the best strain relief and they really are pretty well made. I wish the fancier boutiquier ones had proper strain relief.

May 1, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #50 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really think that Neutriks are the smartest as they have the best strain relief and they really are pretty well made. I wish the fancier boutiquier ones had proper strain relief.

The main reason I absolutely hate Cardas RCAs! If their XLRs are anything like it, I'd never buy them.

Really wasn't a fan of the Furutech 1/4" and am hesitant to buy anything else by them.

Really curious about the XLRs that VT4C sells, they look very well made.

May 2, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #51 of 66
Xhadows are my current favorite and not as pricey as the top end furutech. i'm looking to upgrade my dac cables with them saw some the other day in the flesh; really really nice connectors. still a bit exy, but look/feel like they would last a lifetime.

May 2, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #52 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xhadows are my current favorite and not as pricey as the top end furutech. i'm looking to upgrade my dac cables with them saw some the other day in the flesh; really really nice connectors. still a bit exy, but look/feel like they would last a lifetime.

Due to your reference here I read the 6 moons shhotout between the Xhadow and the Eichman, very interesting.

6moons audio reviews: 3 RCA*Connectors

May 3, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #53 of 66
interesting review and I would have to agree that the eichmanns are my favourite RCA, I use them extensively in my home and portable gear; I use the silver bullet more often than not though and usually the black alloy housings for a nicer look/feel. it was eichmann RCAs that were the first time I actually noticed a significant difference between the 'sound' of connectors because of their radically different design. plus they are made in my home town, so I can just driop into the factory to pick up my orders. (15 mins away) their cable pod binding posts are awesome too if you are into speakers. pity they dont make XLRs. funny I see tghat xhadow make the same claim of their RCA as their XLR. 'the best' the build quality ofn all their stuff IS superb though, but I have to disagree with this statement in regard to their RCA.

May 3, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #54 of 66
Another vote for Neutrik stuff. After extensive searching, I found a nice solution (and they look pretty sweet too) from them. I bought the EMC-type XLR connectors for extensive shielding while eliminating LF ground-loops. I can definitely vouch for the quality of the connectors.

~Thomas

May 3, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #55 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another vote for Neutrik stuff. After extensive searching, I found a nice solution (and they look pretty sweet too) from them. I bought the EMC-type XLR connectors for extensive shielding while eliminating LF ground-loops. I can definitely vouch for the quality of the connectors.

~Thomas

I bought a whole passel of the XX's and the XX-HE's. To tell the truth, they HE's don't seem worth almost twice the price. The XX's are nice bang for the buck here. I needed two sets of Patch cables today, here's a shot of one of the pairs:

Neutrik XX w/Canare Quad

Really nice connectors.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #56 of 66
What is the ultimate 4 pin XLR for a balanced headphone cable, money no object?

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #59 of 66
+1 for Neutrik.

They maybe just "acceptable" for some in most audiophile applications, but talk about price/performance ratio, Neutrik XXs are always the best.

I haven't found any 4 pin xlrs for the audiophile market yet. The Neutrik ones are always reliable, look good and can't be beat for price at that quality, so I'm a fan.

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #60 of 66
I haven't found any 4 pin xlrs for the audiophile market yet. The Neutrik ones are always reliable, look good and can't be beat for price at that quality, so I'm a fan.

Actually Norne audio carries this one, the specs is pretty good (if true), but I'll stick with Neutrik for the money value.
http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Furutech-Valab-Oyaide-Shure-Denon-diy-headphone-cable-connector?product_id=113

And Furutech also has their super-expensive-fancy-rhodium-plated connector (as always). Not talking about the problem with rhodium, I'm sure the price will be over $60 for each
http://www.furutech.com/2016/01/20/12363/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back