Good to Better to Best XLR Connectors
Apr 16, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 66
here you go (for the Gold version)
ynis-avalach-albums-various-picture2347-furutech-fp-601-m-g-2.jpg

actually I have to admit, this picture is not mine, so do I have to say it's copyright protected by Furutech, or do I have to delete it again?
Greetz Ava

Apr 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ynis Avalach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here you go (for the Gold version)
ynis-avalach-albums-various-picture2347-furutech-fp-601-m-g-2.jpg

actually I have to admit, this picture is not mine, so do I have to say it's copyright protected by Furutech, or do I have to delete it again?
Greetz Ava

Hmmm, looks like Fluff to me!

Apr 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #19 of 66
for cable mounts XLO are very good for the money if you can put up with the purple bits :shakes head: some of the furutech stuff is nice, but I do find them to be a bit overrated. the vampire is indeed very nice stuff for the $$, but I prefer the XLO., easy to use, solid construction and quality materials. the neutrik XX are very good though

Apr 16, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #20 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for cable mounts XLO are very good for the money if you can put up with the purple bits :shakes head: some of the furutech stuff is nice, but I do find them to be a bit overrated. the vampire is indeed very nice stuff for the $$, but I prefer the XLO., easy to use, solid construction and quality materials. the neutrik XX are very good though

Two more to look at I had not considered. Here'a a question, if Neutrek used precious polished metal in their construction with better finished other metal bits, it seems they would trump the all. I'll look over these two.

Les

Apr 16, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #22 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Vampire ones have great value. You get copper pins that are gold plated for ~$14-15/pair.

Heh!
I just looked at the Vampire XLRs. I thought, Man those do look nice for $15.00. Looked a little closer, I was looking at the ones' for $165 a piece!! Holy Smokes!!

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #24 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by glitch39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neutrik for me.

don't forget it's only as good as the weakest link. soldering and receiving connector on your audio chain needs to be considered.

I think Neutrik should do a bling edition, and I don't mean those Goofy Crystals either.

Apr 17, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #26 of 66
But the most important factor is the potential metal-to-metal impedance mismatch between the plug and the jack. Engineers in high-end instrumentation tell me to always match the metal. So: if your amp does not sport gold, don't use gold connectors on the cable. No one I know likes the Rhodium -- and the reason is because no amp uses them.

Look at your amp, and buy the matching connector (same metal, same manufacturer, why not?).

Apr 17, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #27 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me - the best are:
Bocchino Audio XLR
FOCUS 1 by Oyaide
Acrolink CN-XLR60
Xhadow Precision XLR
I also experimented with:
Furutech FP-601
Tara Labs XLR
ViaBlue T6s XLR
Amphenol AC XLR
DH Labs Silver Sonic XLR
Vampire Wire XLR/F
XLO HT Balanced XLR
Wireworld Cable Technology XLR
Audioquest XLR
In my opinion Neutrik silver plated XLRs are te best budget XLR available.
The best of the best - NO CONNECTOR - if you can avoid it.

Some of these toys are quite expensive. Had no idea, but not surprising I guess.

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #29 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they are expensive, but they are exceptionally well made.
They also look good.
Try to match plugs and sockets (use the same manufacturer)
For interconnect - with good quality cable and solder (or proper crimping)
they perform very well without housing (regardless if they are magnetic, non magnetic, or composite)

Heh, I thought I Knew what expensive was, I wasn't close...

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #30 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the Furutech 601M plugs a lot.

bit pricy though.

Furutech are known for having some issues with some jacks from other manufacturers, make sure if you get them, to have the same brand jacks on the amp, they are a way too tight sometimes (I hate to say that, as they look terrific, but I have read a lot of complaints about them regarding that)...personally I like Neutrik, the standard in the pro-industry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back