Good time to purchase Klipsch Custom 3's?
Apr 21, 2010 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jjeremycai

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, I've been looking around for an upgrade to the stock iPod earbuds I was left with ever since I returned my Shure SE115's and didn't receive the CK100's from that scammer (quanganh### < I forgot the numbers). Thus, I've come upon the decision of purchasing the Custom 3's as you all can see from the title. However, before I make the purchase, I realize that Klipsch is discontinuing their Custom line in order to phase in new products and that it might mean a lowering of prices. However, the prices right now for the Custom line is already ridiculously low. (130 USD for New C3's!) I was just wondering-do you guys think that it's a good time to go for the 130 price or should I wait until the new line is and then go for the purchase?

Thanks for reading!

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 16
I doubt they'll get too much lower than that, but I could be wrong. Everything I've read says they're some of the most fantastic IEMs people have heard minus cable and fit problems. They're an excellent candidate for reshelling to customs if you ask me. I say go for it, there's plenty of value to be had in those suckers!

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 16
You will. They are really very good. Cable issues ruined their reputation IMHO. If they didn't have the cable issue, I'm sure they would be talked about as much as Monster Turbines, W3's, SE530's, etc. And I'm sure they wouldn't be discontinued because they would have sold and lot more. If you are careful with them, you shouldn't have any problem with them.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Painful Chafe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will. They are really very good. Cable issues ruined their reputation IMHO. If they didn't have the cable issue, I'm sure they would be talked about as much as Monster Turbines, W3's, SE530's, etc. And I'm sure they wouldn't be discontinued because they would have sold and lot more. If you are careful with them, you shouldn't have any problem with them.

I see the X5's are down to $149. Good deal. They are my favorites (although I haven't heard the C3's or the X10's).

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #11 of 16
^ Agree. Very pleasant phones and great value at $130 but whoever designed that cable should be taken out and shot, eulogized, buried, dug up, and shot again.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #12 of 16
^ lol
icon10.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #13 of 16
I've been interested in these but since I've heard such bad things about the cable, I think I'll pass for now, at least until Klipsch hires some engineers that actually know how to design a cable.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Agree. Very pleasant phones and great value at $130 but whoever designed that cable should be taken out and shot, eulogized, buried, dug up, and shot again.

Poor Professor Thump, we hardly knew you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back