Good source for inexpensive braided shielding?
Sep 26, 2008 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chobint

100+ Head-Fier
So I was hoping to construct my own cables from scratch, but braided shielding alone seems to cost more than three times what the mogami-type mic cable equivalent costs. Is there a source for braided shielding that can even come close to competing with the prices of premade shielded wiring? Thanks

edit: Best price I've found for shielding is between $1.00-2.50 per foot from parts connexion depending on size. Best price I've found for mogami is between $.60-.80 per foot depending on type.

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the suggestions. ~$1.00 per foot for 1/4" from mcmaster carr seems to be the best deal atm. Looks like DIY cables can't really compete with canare/mogami in price, but I want the experience of building my own so...
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by chobint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestions. ~$1.00 per foot for 1/4" from mcmaster carr seems to be the best deal atm. Looks like DIY cables can't really compete with canare/mogami in price, but I want the experience of building my own so...
biggrin.gif

If you build tousands of metres of cable then you might be able to compete with canare/mogamy!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back