Good shops in Singapore?
Jun 9, 2009 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jfourc

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to Singapore in August or September to visit family.

-Are headphones cheaper or more expensive there than in the US?
-Can anyone recommend any good places to try out or buy headphones? (Or point me to an existing thread).

Thanks!

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 11
I can't answer your first question (I'm not in the US), but the answer to the second is most likely to be Jaben Network, at the Adelphi (Jaben Network). I gather the main man is known as Uncle Wilson, and is supposed to be knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic. If you make it to the Adelphi, I also understand it is something of an audiophile must-see. Good luck

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 40Hz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't answer your first question (I'm not in the US), but the answer to the second is most likely to be Jaben Network, at the Adelphi (Jaben Network). I gather the main man is known as Uncle Wilson, and is supposed to be knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic. If you make it to the Adelphi, I also understand it is something of an audiophile must-see. Good luck

The Adelphi looks just like the place I'm looking for. Thanks also for the link to the Jaben Network. I will make it a point to stop by come August. Even if the prices are more expensive, it'll be a good chance to try out some headphones and other gear.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #4 of 11
Uncle Wilson is the man to see in Singapore for audio gear - he'll hook you up!
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #5 of 11
Beside Jaben, also try Stereo Electronic @ Causeway Point shopping mall on the North side of Singapore. Sim Lim Square plaza is another plaza to go for all kind of electronic.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 11
^ sg headphones is Stereo Electronics forum i think.

they have better pricing but they are more sales oriented in contrast to jabens laid back style of business

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for all the great replies everyone. SGHeadphones does look like a worthwhile site to check out when I get some more time. When I was in Singapore last summer, I don't remember seeing headphones at Sim Lim, but then again, I wasn't really looking for headphones back then. I really want to meet this Uncle Wilson - he sounds legendary.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #10 of 11
Stereo isn't moving, it will just be opening another outlet at Plaza Singapura. Stereo is generally more headphone/desktop rig-related while Jaben is the place to go for IEMs/portable amps (less iQube and iBasso, which are found at Stereo).

Adelphi is a great place to be at though, many audiophile CD shops there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back