Good "Pump Up" Music?
Dec 19, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #16 of 30
I used to have some Cinelli rollers and I used late Coltrane as musical movitation. I had to give them up because they were too noisy in the apartment downstairs.

Dec 19, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire
How could you guys forget...
C&C Music Factory
biggrin.gif

I was going to put them on my high enegy dance list......but mostly like Techtronic they are one hit wonder and overall album not that great for me.

Lords of Acid
Sant430, that is great for workout I agree. The first couple albums are solid hits start to finish, great camp humor in lyrics.

Stephonovich recommends EBM style
This could be what he needs if steady repetitive rythms are needed, haven't heard that new Dancing Ferret artist you mention but they are always the usual suspects:
Assemblage 23
VNV Nation
Funker Vogt etc

Electronic/Techno hits CDR - Self Made
I like certain songs by several artists mentioned, but albums usually have variety of songs not all suitable for workout you would need to make compilation from:
Chemical Brothers (block rocking beat, yeh!)
Crystal Method
Prodigy
Juno Reactor
Fluke
Moby
Eiffel 65 etc.

Sometimes you can find very cheap "Greatest Dance Hits" or "Greatest Techno hits" collections that are decent but usually only a couple good songs with much filler since it is so easy to make this type of music.

Dec 20, 2004 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 30
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness. All Disturbed songs are pretty good, but this one is INCREDIBLE for getting you pumped up.

System of a Down - Just about anyting off their albums, though I favor Chop Suey (Wrong spelling) as many people will.

Mark

Dec 20, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #20 of 30
I like Eminem's Loose Yourself as a pump up song. We used to play that before soccer matches and it worked pretty well.
This song is well-executed with a linear build-up to the climax. The artists skillfully increases his speaking tempo to a sort of double-time in the last verse. Really intense.

Dec 20, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #21 of 30
Fabolous- Breathe. Listen to it every time I'm in the weight room.
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #22 of 30
Quite a bit of good artists have been named already. Such as Slayer, Motorhead and Metallica.

I'll add Cannibal Corpse, any album should do just fine, but I recommend Butchered At Birth and Gore Obsessed.

Dec 20, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by sant430
Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack, Killing in the Name

I usually don't get pumped up by music or movies (with the exception of really scary horror movies-has anyone seen Ju-on?), but Rage Against the Machine can definitely get my heart beating pretty furiously. I sometimes listen to it when I have to stay up really late at night to finish homework. Their self-titled album is very good.

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #24 of 30
You losers forgot Tool! When I had a stress fracture in my femur and couldn't run for a few months, I made a mix of the hardest Tool songs totaling 1.5 hours. I knew my bikeride was over when the music stopped, nothing but pure pain and Maynard screaming at me for 90 minutes
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
You losers forgot Tool! When I had a stress fracture in my femur and couldn't run for a few months, I made a mix of the hardest Tool songs totaling 1.5 hours. I knew my bikeride was over when the music stopped, nothing but pure pain and Maynard screaming at me for 90 minutes
biggrin.gif

Tool is one of my favorite bands if not my favorite. It makes decent work out music, but doesn't have what it takes to get me really going. Mind if I ask what songs were on your mix?

Dec 22, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #27 of 30
Any hard song from Opeth. If that does not get you pumped up, you are not alive. The song Blackwater Park will get you whipped into a maniac, I promise you.

Other albums that get me going:
Ozzy Osbourne - Live and Loud (The energy is palpable)
Godsmack - Awake
Disturbed - Down With the Sickness (esp. Violence Fetish
eek.gif
)

and last but CERTAINLY not least,

White Zombie - Astro Creep (that will drive your neighbors NUTS... "I just said up yours baby!")

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:11 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProParadox
Any techno fans willing to chime in?

That stuff usually gets me going too...

Psy/Goa trance:
- Astral Projection - All their CD's are good for pumping me up
- Man With No Name - 'Teleportation' (I'm a big MWNN fan, the track lunar cycle in particular pumps me up), 'Floor Essence' (single), 'Moment of Truth', vavoom (single), their other CD's are great too but dont pump me up quite the same.
- Stuff like Hallucinogen and Infected Mushroom etc can be pretty full on but its not really the sort of music which pumps me up, i just find it cool to listen too.
- Paul Oakenfold - A Voyage Into Trance

Drum n Bass:
- Andy C - Nightlife (most Andy C stuff is real good)
- Any of the Ram Raiders (Ram Records) stuff is real good!!!
- Concord Dawn - 'Disturbance' and 'uprising advance'
- Black Sun Empire - various tracks
- Some Dieselboy stuff

Trance:
- Igor S - Airforce One
- Marco V - Electro Trance
A lot of trance which really pumps you up, is also discustingly cheesy sounding trance and it would pain me too much to mention it
tongue.gif

Some hardstyle/core trance is good for pumpin you up but I cant really recommend any CD's because I just have 1000's of random tracks. If your interested PM me I suppose.

I hope this is of some help, i would be suprised if most the stuff mentioned doesn't pump you up.

Dec 23, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #29 of 30
Pantera gets me pumped up pretty good. "Mouth for War", "5 Minutes Alone" and "Revolution is my Name" in particular are good for this.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot "Walk", that one's sweet too(but don't get too carried away and start chanting "REE...SPECT" loudly.

Stuff by the Black Label Society is a nice pick too.

Dec 23, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #30 of 30
Or you could put on a mtb video in front of you. Films such as Kranked 4 and Fat Tire Fury have pretty good pumped up soundtracks! Definately make me wanna go ride my bike.

But seriously, rollers?!, dont do it! its much nicer outside on the road seeing those hundreds of miles pass by!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back