Good Phones for 100$
Oct 27, 2005 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AeonDream

New Head-Fier
im lookin for some new headphones. my pair of earbuds died. i think i might go with a pair of Cans. but just to make sure im not leaving out other phones ( IEM, and the like. because i did rather enjoy my earbuds, very isolating) what would be some recomendations of non can phones for around 100$.
thanks

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 10
Angle the SONY MDR-E10 drivers outwards away from the ear canal
like the drivers on the Sennheiser headband buds PX10 (the looser the better). Great open spacious clear extended sound. Very comfortable.
Best buds under $50. They are $15 in Canada.

Don't angle the E10 drivers inwards sealing the ear cannal since this
make them sound muffled.

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 10
if your budget can stretch a little bit i'd say about $129 to be exact i'd check out the Sennheiser HD 555 headphones
eggosmile.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaOmega
like the drivers on the Sennheiser headband buds PX10 (the looser the better). Great open spacious clear extended sound. Very comfortable.

make them sound muffled.

I just looked at your recent posts: I think this is basically the definition of spamming a public forum.

And I second the Senn HD 555 as excellent general-purpose headphones at or near the $100 mark. Alternative: Etymotic er-6i if you want great isolation and portability.

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaOmega

make them sound muffled.

Spammer. SPAMMER!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, Ety ER-6i are a great choice for portable use. Grados and Alessandro MS-1s are also great choices to think about.

Oct 28, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 10
In addition, take a look at the akg 240s, they are a great sounding pair of cans. If you would prefer IEMs, look at the er6is.

Oct 28, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #9 of 10
No grado's or alessandro's for you my friend
tongue.gif
. If you want isolation you'd better go with the sony v6 (although it's not the best, it has decent isolation, from what I've heard), shure e2c (iem's, great isolation, little bass) or the sennheiser px-200 (closed version of the px-100, it sound less then the px-100, but still pretty good, from what I've heard) or something from audiotechnica (www.audiocubes.com) or koss?
try to search a bit of these names and then come to ask advice for the ones that you found interesting.

Oct 28, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #10 of 10
HD25-SPs might do the trick. Fairly compact, excellent isolation, and decent sounding. As for IEMs, there are a couple around the $100 mark (ER-6i, SuperFi 3 Studio, and whatnot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back