good or best options for gaming headphones...
Jun 22, 2023 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

arbiter76

100+ Head-Fier
budget $150ish. I am looking for best soundstage for fps. needs to be competent with music too. I am reading open back are usually best for games. willing to up budget some if comfort, sound quality and portability are checked off. I would prefer comfortable iems. comfortable as in blon 03s almost disappear in my ears and I'm fairly sensitive to what's on my ears. recommendations?

Jun 23, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 7
I can't comment on iem's, but the Sennheiser HD560S or HD400 would be a good option, looks like it's close to $180 USD on Amazon, but you may be able to find it somewhere else closer to your budget. You can also easily add a boom mic cable to turn it into a headset, these are available on Amazon and possibly elsewhere (search "Sennheiser boom mic"). Only thing I would suggest, is to try and demo one of these (or other Sennheiser 5 series) before buying it, as they have a notch in the ear cups that may touch your ear and become uncomfortable.

[edit] I should also add, K702 would offer a better soundstage, and should be within your budget, plus as above you can get a boom mic cable that fits the mini-xlr also, this is also a good option, if you do go down this road, I would also recommend the yaxi pads for this, they are really comfy for long gaming sessions

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 7
if anybody pops back up in this thread what are some recs for $300 headphones? I just got rid of some stuff and wasn't able to replace it with stuff I already own because problems. I was just able to audition some focal elegias and while awesome with music I'm already doing better gaming with zero reds. no beyerdynamics. comes with it own case huge bonus.

Oct 28, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 7
Audeze Maxwells?

Oct 28, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 7
oh snap. I bought some phillips shp9500 to start before I decide. if I buy another pair I am considering akg 712 pro and another pair of phillips headphones. haven't listened to the 9500s yet.

Oct 28, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 7
I got a pair of akg k712 I'd let god if your looking for something like that.

I'd say they are pretty good for gaming your usual open back wide soundstage, I'd say they are a really good pick for gaming of course thats my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back