Good online site to buy Camera?
Feb 3, 2008 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kodreaming

500+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I am going to New York in the mid-Feb.
A friend of mine want me to buy a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi.

Do you guys know any good online stores ?

Thanks

Feb 3, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
B&H Photo, Adorama and Amazon are the best.

A lot of the other stores will rip you off. If the price is too good to be true, there is a reason.

Those are good ones. I've also had good luck with J&R, Ritz and Beach. Usually, the prices of these places are within a few dollars of each other. Pick the one that gives you free shipping, no sales tax, etc. Some might have refurbs or NOS the others don't, so check them all for deals. I got a NOS (discontinued closeout) Nikon D70s at Beach that wasn't offered at the others. Big discount over a D80, as well.

Any company offering lower prices than these guys should be treated with suspicion.

Feb 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

I second this advice. Ritz is trustworthy but their prices suck, and I've had good luck with Beach Camera as well.

Feb 3, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 19
Beach camera is in NJ. They're on the borderline when it comes to rip-offs in my experience.

I've bought literally 10s of thousands of dollars worth of camera gear, and I've bought from them all.

These days I only buy from B&H unless somewhere else has a killer sale.

GAD

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 19
Feb 4, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 19
BTW I will recommend J&R too - I've bought lots there since I worked nearby. Mostly I bought electronics though.

I don't know if they still have it, but since J&R was near the WTC site, they had better taxes for a while.

GAD

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

A lot of the other stores will rip you off. If the price is too good to be true, there is a reason.

X2

Bought my Pentax DS-1 digital SLR from B&H at a great price. Excellent shipping and service.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #15 of 19
I bought the Rebel XTi from Amazon last summer. Good price, great entry level DSLR. I bought mine without the lens kit, because previously I'd been shooting a Canon EOS 1n (main) and an EOS A2E (backup) in 35mm format as a semi-professional and have a lot of lenses that I wanted to be able to keep using, field of view compensation not withstanding....

I've been really impressed with the XTi. If you get one though, I'd seriously recommend getting the body only and upgrading to a better lens. The kit lens is pretty bad.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back