Good On-Ear Headphones under 100 dollars
Oct 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #20 of 30
im also interested to buy an iem because my apple earbuds will slighty become worn out. 

damn! i'm getting frustrated about this headphone hunting thing. my wallet is also broke man! 
i have been searching for the right headphones for me about a month now, i think. and i haven't decided which one to get. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #22 of 30
For IEM, I think you should hold your breathe for the Sony XBA-H1
smily_headphones1.gif

how much is that?  i think its over $100? 
my budget for iem is only $80 or maybe $100.

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #23 of 30
another question: 

can i recable some iem?

if yes, can you name some of them ? 

i got my eyes on the tdk eb950 but based on the reviews, i think its cable is a little bit fragile. and i wonder if i can recable them if anything bad happens.

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #25 of 30
For IEM, I think you should hold your breathe for the Sony XBA-H1
smily_headphones1.gif

Isn't those the fitted with the same BA as the XBA-1 ( Full Range only) they made a few years ago?  If so I would pass on them and see if you can get the XBA-2 or XBA-3 ( The 3 is a lot better with a Full Range , Sub Woofer, and Tweeter ) on Ebay. I got the XBA-2 on ebay for around $65 Shipped and I love them ( They are real) and could find the XBA-3 on ebay for around $90-$120 from what I seen

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #26 of 30

Isn't those the fitted with the same BA as the XBA-1 ( Full Range only) they made a few years ago?  If so I would pass on them and see if you can get the XBA-2 or XBA-3 ( The 3 is a lot better with a Full Range , Sub Woofer, and Tweeter ) on Ebay. I got the XBA-2 on ebay for around $65 Shipped and I love them ( They are real) and could find the XBA-3 on ebay for around $90-$120 from what I seen

I am guessing Sony is using Sony XBA-10 BA + one of their monitoring IEM driver + some technology to match them = XBA-H1 

Indeed! I will highly recommend the XBA-3 if you can find them for around $120~ 

I got my XBA-4 at around USD 200 when my parents were travelling to Japan. Still loving it for portable use although I have not been using them for nearly a week as I do not wish to have isolation while I am at home 

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #27 of 30

I am guessing Sony is using Sony XBA-10 BA + one of their monitoring IEM driver + some technology to match them = XBA-H1 

Indeed! I will highly recommend the XBA-3 if you can find them for around $120~ 

I got my XBA-4 at around USD 200 when my parents were travelling to Japan. Still loving it for portable use although I have not been using them for nearly a week as I do not wish to have isolation while I am at home 

wish that the xba-3 is available in my country. the xba-1 cost about 70 dollars here. haven't tried them though but i've heard that they're mid-emphasized.

how's the isolation of the xba-1 ang xba-3? 
i want to have isolation when im at home, especially when my mom's scolding me. lol

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #28 of 30
I have heard good things about the Koss portapros as a light portable compact setup.  My preference for under $100 would be the Sony MDR-V6.  The sony doesn't fold up as nicely or compact as the Koss, but it does have good bass to it.  

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #29 of 30
  I have heard good things about the Koss portapros as a light portable compact setup.  My preference for under $100 would be the Sony MDR-V6.  The sony doesn't fold up as nicely or compact as the Koss, but it does have good bass to it.  

yes, portapros are very nice for their price. i have heard good things about the MDR-V6 too. unfortunately, its hard to find here in the philippines.

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #30 of 30
wish that the xba-3 is available in my country. the xba-1 cost about 70 dollars here. haven't tried them though but i've heard that they're mid-emphasized.

how's the isolation of the xba-1 ang xba-3? 
i want to have isolation when im at home, especially when my mom's scolding me. lol

With the stock, they isolate pretty good! With a ComplyFoam... Excellent isolation xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back