GOOD News About Tuberoller!
Mar 14, 2003 at 8:22 AM Post #91 of 252
You've got to pull through it or else I won't be able to gawk at the latest additions to that amazing system of yours.

Seriously though, my prayers are with your Fred.

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:33 AM Post #92 of 252
What the hell?! I don't believe it! How could something this lousy happen to Tuberoller? !!!!! He's a cool guy and I always figured he's a bundle of energy kind of guy, being a firefighter and all. Well, let's hope we hear good news soon.
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 2:04 PM Post #95 of 252
Well, I hope it isn't true. But in case it is, all the best wishes from Munich, too!

Manfred / lini

Mar 14, 2003 at 3:16 PM Post #97 of 252
This saddens me as well. I have never met Fred, but he has posted a lot of helpful information for me. Recently I was bidding on an item on ebay. He noticed my name on the bid list and took the time to email me to tell me not to bid any higher because the product could be had new from another source. I really appreciated him looking out for me just because we share the same passion for hi-fi (& Head-Fi). I do believe in the power of prayer and will be praying for you Fred, and your family as well. I pray that God heals your body and restores your health. I pray for strength for your family to get you all through it.

Mar 14, 2003 at 3:37 PM Post #98 of 252
man this is really bad news. This thread is quite a testament to how much you are appreciated here. Like many others, I will be praying for you and your family as well. Hope you get well soon!

Mar 14, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #99 of 252
On a board that's been flooded with take-no-poisoners animosity lately, it is sobering to deal with the mortality of a good friend. Every spat on this board means nothing compared to this. Every political dispute means nothing. The glistening amps, sources and headphones we've amassed are but sand in the ashtray next to your presence here on Earth.

Here's hoping you recover and return to us in vinyl time.

Mar 14, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #100 of 252
This indeed bad news... We had some disagreements in the past but I really hope this turns out good for you tuberoller.

p.s. This is rather creepy to hear after the 60 Minutes program I saw a few weeks back about a doctor (Moon I thik was his name) who led many of his patients to believe they were in need of bypass surgery when they were in fact perfectly fine...

Without doubt this is not the case with tuberoller, but it creeps me out a bit anyway
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 5:50 PM Post #101 of 252
What's even creeper is to think that any one of us could be the target of a tabloid television show at any time, and each of us could be made to look just as guilty and despicable as the "journalists" want.

Good luck Fred! Anyone close going to visit? This thread would be a great get well card if printed out.

Mar 14, 2003 at 6:00 PM Post #102 of 252
I called the number that I have for Tubey and there was no answer and no voice mail. It may be his cell phone, that is usually the number he called me from. I will keep trying and keep you guys posted if I learn anything.

Mar 14, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #103 of 252
I have no doubt in my mind that you'll have a quick full recovery brother, I'm praying for you in the meantime. If I had the chance, I'd visit you at the hospital even though your employee tells me too many people are trying to bug you because I'd bring a happy attitude instead of the typical sympathy mood. Talk to you soon man, give me a call when you get the opportunity so you can tell me your stories and I'll give you a heads up about my experience so far.

-Sun

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:08 PM Post #104 of 252
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
I called the number that I have for Tubey and there was no answer and no voice mail. It may be his cell phone, that is usually the number he called me from. I will keep trying and keep you guys posted if I learn anything.

frown.gif

Thanks for trying JMT.. I think Acidtripwow was trying to contact him on his cell, as well, and no word as of yet from him, either..
frown.gif

Well, hang in there Fred.

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #105 of 252
Hello,

My name is Kenya and I work for Fred at the electric shop.I was told by Mr.Teres that you all wanted to know how he is doing and he directed me to this site.All these forums look the same to me so I hope I am doing this right.

Fred went in for a physical saturday and was admitted to the hospital sunday for emergency open-heart surgery.During surgery he went into a coma.he has not awakened but doctors are optimistic that he will.The operation was successful so we all feel that he will recover fully.This was a big suprise and we are all in a state of shock.your thoughts and prayers are needed at this time.

The most wonderful thing that has come from this is the overpouring of well wishes from all of Fred's many,many friends around the world.I had no idea he knew so many people or that they cared so much about him.We are trying to run the shop as he would like us to do but I have spent the last three days answereing calls and returning faxes and emails about his condition.Our office and shop floor are crowded with flowers and other items.I don't know what kind of site this is but I know Fred had me send out a lot of stuff he gives away to people everday.If Fred promised you something from last week and it was packed and addressed,I sent it out tuesday.I ask that you all refrain from sending cards and especially flowers and gifts at this time.The hospital has requested a reduction in the number of calls and visits for the time being.I will take Fred his laptop when he is able to respond and I'm sure he will answer all the emails,letters,faxes and calls.I will attempt to keep you all posted but will do so via an emailed statement from now on.

Sincerely,
Kenya Mokeba

Users who are viewing this thread

Back