Good monitor for 2k?
May 18, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #46 of 54
Another recommendation for any Dynaudio product, or a speaker that uses Dynaudio drivers (like the Totem Acoustic Model 1 Signatures that I use). Dynaudio are perhaps the most universally respected speakers/monitors (and drivers) in the audio marketplace, in my experience. You cannot go wrong with them.

May 18, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dynaudio are perhaps the most universally respected speakers/monitors (and drivers) in the audio marketplace, in my experience. You cannot go wrong with them.

Come again? Could you indicate which hifi magazines you read?

May 18, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #50 of 54
i'm a big aerial acoustics fan and have always loved the model 5 -- don't think you can go wrong there.

if you're putting together a system for $2k, i'd recommend looking at paradigm. i've got studio 100s and they are awesome. the studio 20s ($900) and the studio 40s ($1300) are reasonably priced stand-mount speakers and sound very good.

pair that with a rotel integrated (again, i'm a fan of rotel) or other good sounding integrated and you can definitely meet the $2k budget.

May 18, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come again? Could you indicate which hifi magazines you read?

Eek, I've slipped into the speaker religion wars. I guess my point is that there are probably at least 1,000 speaker brands that someone will claim are the best speakers in the universe. Dynaudio is one of the few companies that (in my experience) seems to have some universal appeal in a highly opinionated segment on the audio industry. I've never read a magazine that hasn't given high marks to at least one of the speakers in Dynaudio's huge lineup (I've never read a magazine that has reviewed them all...I doubt I ever will find one). Can you name a magazine that hates all Dynaudio products (and products using their drivers)?

May 18, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #52 of 54
Re: Dynaudio
How can a speaker be too dynamic? Isn't live music be even more dynamic than recorded music?
-
Check out ecoustics.com
Type in Dynaudio or whatever speaker you want to know all about. This will give you all the web-available magazine review on whatever piece of equipment you are interested in. It should give you a starting place to look.

May 19, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #53 of 54
I have never heard a better monitor than the GMA (Green Mountain Audio) Callisto. Very spacious, open, three dimensional, great (ported) bass, very very size defying sound. If you have the chance to find a pair on the secondary market, I would pick them up unheard.

May 19, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by phon-o-phile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Re: Dynaudio
How can a speaker be too dynamic? Isn't live music be even more dynamic than recorded music?
-
Check out ecoustics.com
Type in Dynaudio or whatever speaker you want to know all about. This will give you all the web-available magazine review on whatever piece of equipment you are interested in. It should give you a starting place to look.

Easy, if the range is large and exaggerated with not enough contrast to back it up. You end up with voices that can not be heard and glass shatter that’ll shank your eardrums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back