Good MMCX cable?
Sep 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

QualitySound

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Pinnacle P1's on massdrop (they call it PX's) and I read that their cables don't last very long, and I figured if I'm gonna have to replace the cable, I might as well just get a good aftermarket cable that should last longer.

I don't need a mic, cable should have good quality, $40-50 or less and that's pushing it, also if someone is able to make them by hand I'd pay $50 for it, but anything more than that's out of my budget for a cable, so I apologize but I can't afford more than that at the moment.

To me a long lasting cable is more worth the money over a cable that only lasts a year but sounds great, which is why I'm not interested in Mee's Silver cable, I've heard they don't last 6 months.

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 4
No need to rush and buy a new cable. Stock cable is fine. I would try it out first. If you need a new cable there are a vast variety on ebay and amazon. Too many to choose See how you like the stock stuff first. Stock cable is robust actually. Don't know where your getting your information about the cable but it is way better than most throw in cables that come with most earphones.

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Now if you need one for balanced out or want a legit upgraded cable to change the sonics a bit that is another reason all together but as long as your not whipping your iems, throwing the iems in your pocket without winding it up ect ect. There is no reason why the stock cables won't last you the duration of the lifespan of the PX.

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 4
If you take care of your IEM, the cable should last a long time. When people say cables don't last, it's usually because they are used to treating their IEM poorly. Cables aren't inherently fragile, so if people are breaking them then that's an indicator of how much respect they give their investment. Definitely wait until something happens though. If you're strict on your budget then I'd imagine you could put the 50 bucks to better use and be happy. Amazon also ships fast so you'd only be out of a headphone for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back