Good Looks AND Good Sound?
Aug 16, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #16 of 54
The rs1's are not very attractive on your head. They point out to the side way to much hehe. The beyer 250-80's look pretty nice.

Biggie.

Aug 16, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #18 of 54
jipi,

why don't you like the looks of the d-66 eggos? they are actually very small while remaining circumaural. when you fold them into the egg shape they are only a little larger than a chicken egg. someone i worked with described them as the "coolest headphones i've ever seen".

Aug 17, 2002 at 2:21 AM Post #19 of 54
...was while wearing W100s. On, off, it doesn't matter: those are some beautiful, good-looking headphones. But I guess in this case, as ever, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

- Sir Mister Matt

p.s. but jeez! they're dead sexy.

Aug 17, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #20 of 54
Hmmm, I must admit the w100 most definitly have a charm. It
might be the wood or their roundness (curvs are always good
wink.gif
).
Who knows!? But then again, I'd have to try them on.

Someone please tell me where I would go to try some 'phones
on!

Aug 17, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #21 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
Hmmm, I must admit the w100 most definitly have a charm. It
might be the wood or their roundness (curvs are always good
wink.gif
).
Who knows!? But then again, I'd have to try them on.

Someone please tell me where I would go to try some 'phones
on!

Unless you participate in PianoBlack's W100 tryout program, it will be hard to try on the W100s. I suggest you get a pic from the Audiocubes site, or from this site (members have posted them in the past) and Photoshop it onto a picture of yourself.

If you don't like the look of the W100s after trying this, you could always go for the AKG K1000.

biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #23 of 54
my brother bought the w100. he wanted good looks and good sound as well. he is now satisfied. but the w100 is $350.. get Etymotics or EX70 or Hp600

Aug 17, 2002 at 6:47 AM Post #24 of 54
Does your brother really wear W100s on streets, a1leyez0nm3? I have often seen youngsters wearing AD10s coursing around the streets in Japan, thinking its a cool and trendy thing to do so. But W100s seems to belong more to working class who normally wear them indoors. I just never seen someone with the W100s outside.

Aug 17, 2002 at 12:07 PM Post #25 of 54
dood, just get some street-style phones.
cool.gif

but seriously, i personally think the w100's look great, if u style like they do on GQ. have you thought about the HD590's? i am with the camp that likes their sound, and i also think that they look pretty cool (better than 580 or 600 at least)... just a thought...
smily_headphones1.gif

of course, i just got some STAX 2020's, so mebbe i shouldn't be talking about looks on phones...
tongue.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 1:41 PM Post #26 of 54
Hmm .. Obviously if I ever bought W100 I would only wear them
inside. But I'm looking for something I could go outside with (take
the bus or simply walk around) without feeling like I'm walking
with a 400 bux coconut on my head.

I'm looking for something along the lines of V700 or HDJ1000
(looks speaking). And well.. sounding, I don't really know actually.
Never tried any of these before.
rolleyes.gif

BTW, taipeileviathan .. did you really buy those STAX 2020's?
Thos are frikkin expensive 'phones man.

Aug 17, 2002 at 1:45 PM Post #27 of 54
Maybe all reviews should contain a paragraph describing the on head look. For example:

The well dressed urban male is seen here at the local airport sporting a pair of Etymotic 4s's. Notice the way he has swept the cable behind him, reducing microphonics and at the same time not blemishing the look of his Ralph Lauren blue button down collar shirt. Although he cannot hear a thing he knows all eyes are on him as he approaches the ticket counter......

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:18 PM Post #30 of 54
I also like the look of the DT250's. They don't strive to conform to any modern style, they simply have kind of a "no-frills" look that, while not being especially stylish, will last without becoming too ugly for the times.

They're not really in-style, but then again, they won't really go out of style either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back