Good if not Great Wireless Headphone selection assistance please?
Jun 19, 2009 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Synergist969

100+ Head-Fier
To whom it may concern:

I've done a little research on this site, however, it does not appear to be particularly current...

Please assist me in selecting the "best" wireless headphones available out of the most current manufacturers' crop...

HeadRoom recommends the Senn. 130's and 140's as having the best sound qualities for open and sealed respectively. Any transmission issues?

A roughly 2 year old post here indicated that they liked the Pioneer SE-DIR1000C wireless can's sound qualities very much, but there were physical build quality issues...

Another thread touted the sound qualities of the relatively new (2 years?) Beyerdynamic RSX 700, with 2.4 mHz digital transmission, as opposed to IR or FM transmission.

Another thread suggested that some Sony wireless cans were very good, but possibly discontinued...

So, despite wireless headphones generally not having the best sound quality bang for the buck, Please help me select the best sounding wireless headphones I can buy, considering transmission technology, overall sound quality, reliability, comfort(?), etc...

Sincerely,
Synergist969

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I have Sennheiser 130 and they sound OK only problem is the hiss from wireless transmission on all channels between the songs. I can sell them since i don't use them, if You are interested PM me for good price.

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 4
You might want to google Kleer wireless technology.

I've only gotten to use Bluetooth for wireless using A2DP. But it really sounds Cr*p compared to even good portables like the PX100.

The Kleer technology on the Sleeks and even more the Senn's W1 is really a winner. Details are not lost and everything seems to be there. Personally tried a W1 before and a Sleek wireless model.

The only problem I see is it might be a bit pricey. =(

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 4
To whom it may concern:

Thank you for your suggestions...I must confess that I am not all that familiar with the "Kleer" technology, nor "Bluetooth" for that matter...fights kicking and screaming into the 21'st century...however, if that or those technologies can be incorporated into a decent driver/housing/system I would strongly consider it...

The only wireless phones HeadRoom strongly suggests are the Sennheisers...130's, or the sealed 140's, perhaps it is all they choose to carry in the Senns'...?

Keep those suggestions comming...

Sincerely,
Syn

P.S. So, nobody's heard of or listened to the Beyerdynamic RSX 700's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back