Good IEMs needed, possibly without sibilance, max ~100€
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gianguido

New Head-Fier
Hi forum!
I'm searching for a good pair of IEMs to hear music on the go.
My source will be a Nexus 4, or in some extreme case a Sansa Clip Zip.
I listen to fusion, various genres of metal and jazz and I really like to have a wide range of frequency response (for a max 100€ IEMs of course): possibly good and balanced low, medium, high.
By now I only have a pair of Klipsch Image S4, they sound well for my ears but the sibilance at high volume is simply inadmissible, and I had a pair of Bose In-Ear: too much low!
Hoping to get a great pair of IEMs thanks to your advices :)

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 10
Mar 13, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 10
+1 on the X10s. These are also really comfortable  - my wife just switched from the S4 to the X10 and says the difference is night and day - especially on the high end. With the recent price drop you should be able to get these for around the 100euro mark.

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 10
I've seen the Shure SE215 for 80€ in a local store near me, I've read some reviews and they're all positive. I'm really tempted.

Klipsch x10 seems to be the perfect choice, but they costs 170€ on Amazon.it and they don't seems a lot comfortable.
Thanks for the links, I've done my research before opening this thread but these links didn't showed up.

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
I've seen the Shure SE215 for 80€ in a local store near me, I've read some reviews and they're all positive. I'm really tempted.

Klipsch x10 seems to be the perfect choice, but they costs 170€ on Amazon.it and they don't seems a lot comfortable.
Thanks for the links, I've done my research before opening this thread but these links didn't showed up.

Both are stickied, and the recommendations thread is in big bolded red font on the top. 
wink.gif
 Maybe they should be a bit larger, sigh.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Image-X10-Performance-Noise-Isolating/dp/B000WAHFBK. Super Saver Delivery to UK and even with customs the price would still be a good deal better than 170. 
They are extremely comfortable due to the gel tips. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back