Good high capacity NiMH 9V?
Nov 15, 2009 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kloan

1000+ Head-Fier
Looking for a replacement rechargeable 9V battery for my amp. Are there any good, reliable quality high capacity 9Vs you can recommend?

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for a replacement rechargeable 9V battery for my amp. Are there any good, reliable quality high capacity 9Vs you can recommend?

Rechargeable Batteries Battery Chargers Rechargeable Lithium Digital Camera Batteries Maha Ansmann Energizer Sanyo ZTS

the maha powerex 300 is a great battery,

however the low-discharge tysonic 9v is nice as if you listen like I do, an hour here, few hours there and take a few days off, it will keep its charge, unlike regular NiMH that lose their charge at a fast rate.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Nov 15, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 5
I use the Li-polymer by iPowerUS. it has 500mAh. It works well.

Nov 15, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 5
I was looking at the li-ion batteries, however the amp I have has a built in charger, so I figured it probably doesn't have the necessary protection circuit for charging li-ion batteries.

I'll look up the Tysonic 9V since that is pretty much how I use the amp.. I don't use it that often, especially since I'm still waiting for my opamps to show up already... and plus I don't listen to music quite as much as I used to ever since my HDD died. So yeah, having a battery that won't discharge when I'm not using it is a good idea.

Thanks for the replies!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back