Good heavens - check out this packaging!
Apr 12, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The strange shaped getter is pretty much a dead giveaway that it's an Electro-Harmonix..........ouch !!

...Is that good or bad?
confused.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #19 of 25
Sadly it probably took more time to manufacture the box than the tube. Very nice though.... the packing box might make a nice DIY case.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #20 of 25
I believe I'd wrap that tube in bubblewrap and put a NOS Mullard in that box.

Tim

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The strange shaped getter is pretty much a dead giveaway that it's an Electro-Harmonix..........ouch !!

I didn't know what part exactly, but just looking at it reminded me of the electro harmonix as well

Apr 13, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #22 of 25
OK, I have extracted it from it's Royal Coffin. It took a bit of digging, but I got it out
wink.gif

Here it is. Don't worry - if it s $2 tube I don't care. Actually you will make me happy, because if I know exactly what it is, I won't need to buy a la Grado next time.

tube1vc3.jpg

tube2jc6.jpg

tube3zg7.jpg

tube4sc3.jpg

Apr 13, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackCrank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I care how many times this has been said but damn tubes are cool.

As a kid I used to get around to the back of the cabinet of our Kreisler radiogram where I would love to watch the glow, feel the warmth and sniff the odour of burning vacuum tubes inside that dirty, dusty, masonite cabinet.

But we did not neccessarily think tubes were cool when the "tube man" had to come round to the house seemingly every month to replace the tubes in the TV (and yeh, I know what some of you are thinking, but truly, he only came around to change the tubes).

Apr 15, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #25 of 25
That is some excellent tube photography!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back