Good Headphones = Increase in Missed Calls
Sep 23, 2009 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dcnoj

New Head-Fier
So I've pretty much had nothing but more commercial headphones and earphones my whole life (Bose Tripots, Bose QC, Bose In-Ear, various Sony monitors and earbuds, Apple Earphones and In-Ear, etc.) and after I got the DT770/80 I've seen an increase in missed calls because I prefer them over my computer speakers and have been listening to music a lot more often because of their delight. Next is an amp, and maybe another pair of headphones. Need something different, thinking about the K701. Any suggestions?

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #2 of 11
What kind of music do you listen to ?

I'd get a good amp and source if you haven't any...

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of music do you listen to ?

I'd get a good amp and source if you haven't any...

I listen to everything from rock, and all its sub-categories, jazz, blues, soul, R&B, classical, electronic, afro-pop, flamenco, indian classical, to JPop and KPop. But seriously favor Hip Hop.

Yes I'm looking to get a portable and desktop amp. I'm considering the iBasso D2+ Boa for my portable, and desktop will be dependent on my second pair (see below)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurubhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG 701 should help..esp. since its open

Yes, I've seemed to narrow it down to the Grado RS1i or the AKG K701.

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 11
Yes,I tend to miss calls if I use DT770
smily_headphones1.gif
,but I seldom have that kind of problem with HD650 because they are open in nature like K701.

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #7 of 11
If the caller had something important to say, he/she will (try to) call you again. OTOH, I don't miss much calls because the phone vibrates noisily against a wooden table. And my other cell flashes bright led lights.

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #8 of 11
God invented the answering machine expressly because he has compassion for headphone users (and is also known to be a headphone wearer).

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 11
I figure if I am listening too loud to hear the phone ring with an open back phone, that I am damaging my hearing. If I am listening to a closed back, I put my phone on vibrate and stick it in my pocket. Works like a charm!

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcnoj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to everything from rock, and all its sub-categories, jazz, blues, soul, R&B, classical, electronic, afro-pop, flamenco, indian classical, to JPop and KPop. But seriously favor Hip Hop.

Yes I'm looking to get a portable and desktop amp. I'm considering the iBasso D2+ Boa for my portable, and desktop will be dependent on my second pair (see below)

Yes, I've seemed to narrow it down to the Grado RS1i or the AKG K701.

Two words, Source, Amp.

K701s work well with Jazz but without a better source & amp you may feel a bit unfulfilled. The detail sounds a bit "wishy washy" unamped (haven't really hard them on many amps). However i find they're beautiful jazz cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back