Good headphones for techno and or screamo music?
Feb 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ahhchill

New Head-Fier
    Hey guys, I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to headphones so can anyone suggest any headphones for the genres listed above? My budget is 300 or less. By screamo i mean bands like bring me the horizon and asking alexandria.  For techno artists like devin martin and crystal castles are what I listen too.  All help is much appreciated thanks! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 7
Can you expand more on the sound that you are looking for, and what you are wanting from the headphone besides genre?

Things like:

Open or closed cups,

On the go or at home.

What is your source of music?

Amp or no amp?( if you don't have one are you willing to use one and include it in your budget)

Detachable cable or don't care.

Over ear/ on ear.

Sound Sig for example: lots of bass, flat response, foward mids, bright/dark, etc etc. 
This link will help you with terms: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

I'm sure there are others things but the previous info would help to narrow things down. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Can you expand more on the sound that you are looking for, and what you are wanting from the headphone besides genre?

Things like:

Open or closed cups,

On the go or at home.

What is your source of music?

Amp or no amp?( if you don't have one are you willing to use one and include it in your budget)

Detachable cable or don't care.

Over ear/ on ear.

Sound Sig for example: lots of bass, flat response, foward mids, bright/dark, etc etc. 
This link will help you with terms: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

I'm sure there are others things but the previous info would help to narrow things down. 

Sure, i prefer open cups, they will be used only in the house, my sound source is my toshiba satellite p755-s5120,no amp will be used just cant afford a good one right now, over the ear only and detachable cable would be nice but isnt required.  I miss anything else? :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #6 of 7
SRH940/ SRH840 would be my suggestion, SRH840 having a little more bass punch, while SRH940 being clearer with less bass. (boarderline anaemic, but is definitely present)
they both do vocals very well.
another option would be the HD598. very neutral with lifelike vocals, might be a bit mellow for screamy music and techno though. (generally suited for classical and slower kind of stuff)
you could also consider the MS2i being very energetic and lively fun sounding. potentially uncomfortable though.

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
SRH940/ SRH840 would be my suggestion, SRH840 having a little more bass punch, while SRH940 being clearer with less bass. (boarderline anaemic, but is definitely present)
they both do vocals very well.
another option would be the HD598. very neutral with lifelike vocals, might be a bit mellow for screamy music and techno though. (generally suited for classical and slower kind of stuff)
you could also consider the MS2i being very energetic and lively fun sounding. potentially uncomfortable though.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I was originally looking at the sennheisers but they don't quite  work with these genres.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back