Good headphones for hip hop around $200
Jun 13, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 9
i like listening to hip hop on my hd580. they seem to do well with this genre with nice instrument separation (i.e. a busy Timbo beat) and an authoritive (generally speaking) low end...at least to my ears. there are passages where i would like the bass to be more present, but nonetheless they satisfy my needs. for another choice, i hear the d2000's are bassy and bright with an overall "fun" presentation. i would add those to your list of contenders as well. are you planning on running these with an amp? i hope so...

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 9
I listen to hip-hop (mostly on vinyl) with my Beyer 770's, and I like the sound, especially in the low end. They are closed cans (I'm not sure if that works for you) and are some of the most comfortable headphones to wear. They require a good amp to drive them in order to sound good though, because they are power hungry. I'm not sure what amp you were referring to when you said you would be using a "bloat amp."

There are several varieties out there, but the style I have (and the one's that HeadRoom used to sell) are now only available from Amazon for $200.

Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones: Electronics

Jun 13, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimJo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to hip-hop (mostly on vinyl) with my Beyer 770's, and I like the sound, especially in the low end. They are closed cans (I'm not sure if that works for you) and are some of the most comfortable headphones to wear. They require a good amp to drive them in order to sound good though, because they are power hungry. I'm not sure what amp you were referring to when you said you would be using a "bloat amp."

There are several varieties out there, but the style I have (and the one's that HeadRoom used to sell) are now only available from Amazon for $200.

Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones: Electronics

HIPPOhifi - The Bloat

do you think this can power the hd580s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back