Good headphone amp + USB DAC + 2.0/2.1 amp under $500? NAD D3020, Teac A-H01. What else?
Nov 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #31 of 33
@Allanmarcus,
the AI-101DA is indeed an interesting product. It adds Bluetooth aptX streaming to the A-H01 and doubles the power of the headphone output, which is the main issue I had with the A-H01.

I wish these vendors would add bluetooth transmit! So many good bluetooth headphones now. I mean these little amps sit right next to the computer, so who need bluetooth streaming?

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #32 of 33
I can now add the Cambridge Audio One to the list. It integrates a Wolfson WM8728 DAC (up to 24bit/96kHz, natively supported by Windows 7, i.e. it requires no driver installation; not sure whether a dedicated driver will "unlock" 24bit/192kHz) and a stereo integrated amplifier with subwoofer out and a toroidal transformer in a compact body. As a bonus, you get FM/DAB/DAB+ radio, a CD player and a Bluetooth receiver (A2DP, SBC Codec; Apt-X should be available with a firmware update). Not cheap, but still within the budget, if you go for a demo or refurbished unit.

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #33 of 33
I can now add the Cambridge Audio One to the list. It integrates a Wolfson WM8728 DAC (up to 24bit/96kHz, natively supported by Windows 7, i.e. it requires no driver installation; not sure whether a dedicated driver will "unlock" 24bit/192kHz) and a stereo integrated amplifier with subwoofer out and a toroidal transformer in a compact body. As a bonus, you get FM/DAB/DAB+ radio, a CD player and a Bluetooth receiver (A2DP, SBC Codec; Apt-X should be available with a firmware update). Not cheap, but still within the budget, if you go for a demo or refurbished unit.

Interesting. I don't see it for sale anywhere. Also, I'm not sure it has a dedicated headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back