Good gaming headset
Aug 9, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by magma_saber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then can you recommend any good headsets with a mic fore less than $60?

If you're absolutely set on having a set of headphones with a mic, just go with Sennheiser PC160's. But you'd be MUCH better off with a desktop mic and a set of headphones.

Aug 9, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're absolutely set on having a set of headphones with a mic, just go with Sennheiser PC160's. But you'd be MUCH better off with a desktop mic and a set of headphones.

x2 on headphone and seperate mic.

I'd make a specific recommendation, but it would be too expensive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #18 of 36
If you really want a combo, Altec Lansing headsets served me decently for gaming. At this point - I vastly prefer my full-size headphones for gaming to anything that a dedicated gaming headset can offer. (My Prolines with Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, incredibly detailed ambiance, and I can tell exactly where my enemies will come from, how far are they, are they shooting at me or just trying to get a hit in the general direction, even what gun they are using...).

Aug 9, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #21 of 36
Why do you come here, asking for headphones, and then not take advice?

Get headphones and a mic separately. But from what it sounds, you aren't really an audiophile...Those USB Senn's have a DAC built in, which probably isn't that good. Although it doesn't sound like you have a pretty good soundcard, anyway...

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you come here, asking for headphones, and then not take advice?

Get headphones and a mic separately. But from what it sounds, you aren't really an audiophile...Those USB Senn's have a DAC built in, which probably isn't that good. Although it doesn't sound like you have a pretty good soundcard, anyway...

or the Zalman 5.1 headsets
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on headphone and seperate mic.

I'd make a specific recommendation, but it would be too expensive.
smily_headphones1.gif

x3 for that

get a good closed headphone plus a cheapo mic will do

rs1smile.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #25 of 36
Do yourself a favour and skip the gaming headset stage and go straight to some descent headphones. I, foolishly, thought i'd get a pair of Speedlink Medusa 5.1 cans- god, they where awful. Now i have a £2.50 desktop mic and a pair of DT 770 Pros, which cost just £20 more altogether, and the difference in games has been amazing.

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really want a combo, Altec Lansing headsets served me decently for gaming. At this point - I vastly prefer my full-size headphones for gaming to anything that a dedicated gaming headset can offer. (My Prolines with Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, incredibly detailed ambiance, and I can tell exactly where my enemies will come from, how far are they, are they shooting at me or just trying to get a hit in the general direction, even what gun they are using...).

I agree on the Altecs, I have a pair I bought for voip and am surprised at how good they sound on music..

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #28 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back