Good gaming headphones? Great sound positioning a must!
Jun 19, 2005 at 12:32 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Martin
Don't give up on surround sound in headphones; Dolby Headphone decoding technology actually does produce surround. It's not a gimmick, and gives greater detail than speakers.

What is required for Dolby Headphone anyways? I know what it does, but I never really figured out what you needed. Do you need to have specific equipment to handle Dolby Headphone or something? I assume you can only get Dolby Headphone in movies?

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #48 of 63
Gaming is more based on the sound card, I would recommend an Audigy 2 ZS and just a headphone that has good soundstage, headstage and imaging.

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
Gaming is more based on the sound card, I would recommend an Audigy 2 ZS and just a headphone that has good soundstage, headstage and imaging.

Yeah, I already have it.

Jun 19, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #50 of 63
Audio Technica ATH-A500 / A700 / A900
Sennheiser HD 580 / 600 / 650 (overkill?)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 / 990
Sony CD3000
AKG 240S / 271 ?

any of those would be fine.

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Audio Technica ATH-A500 / A700 / A900
Sennheiser HD 580 / 600 / 650 (overkill?)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 / 990
Sony CD3000
AKG 240S / 271 ?

any of those would be fine.

:=) i havent played never 1.6, but i am brety good in cs s and i have played like 100 clan base match so far. So now, i want tell about my headphones.

I played half month with 20euro logitech headset. That was horrible. Omg, every game start suck in ´that ****ing soundmess. OKj, next i bought 90e sennheiser pc 160 headset, becouse meany gaming forums and so have said they are best u can get :S. WELL pc160 was great, but they were open, and i wanted closed and bit beter sound. So i bought beyerdynamic dt 770 80ohm.
Okj, when i came home and started play cs s, i was like: okj, i dont have wh, but how i know everything so good? I can shoot when i dont see opponent, becouse i know exactly when he comes . When i see him, he is died. reflection time is much faster if u know already when u have to shoot.
Also if u know map named dust, u can hear exactly with ct forces, which way/which places terroists are going from middle. That is about posional playing. Shoots sound also amazing, like awp. WOOW. now i like listen game sounds more than music
biggrin.gif
. Also u can hear almost too good all possible noisies, like foot steps from far, or some helikopters in dust 2.

I dont know about a900, but i maked this forum topic, and i decided to buy 770 dt.
And i want also say that i dont even got audigy 2 zs
biggrin.gif
iam going to buy it so i can get ultra wh? :

sory my bad english = anteeksi huono englantini

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #52 of 63
I've enjoyed the logitech USB350 for gaming, comes with a mic and a (digital) inline mute an volume control.

They actually sound much better than I expected for a $50 USB headset, and the mic works fine for ventrilo/teamspeak

They are even bassey enough to do explosions justice.

(plus they can be used in a computer without a soundcard; bonus)

http://www.everythingusb.com/logitec...adset_350.html

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Martin
Don't give up on surround sound in headphones; Dolby Headphone decoding technology actually does produce surround. It's not a gimmick, and gives greater detail than speakers.

ive had the zalmans and the medusas ..zalmans were like being stabbed in the ear and the medusas had good sound quality but still lacked true 5.1 .. are the dolby ones really that good ?

Any suggestions on how to buy/what to look for ?

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #54 of 63
okj, i bought audigy 2 zs. eax makes everything sound like i would hear if my sister walks my room from living room. I tried this soundcard also whit old headphones. that was not so good. dt 770 is 2x beter than pc 160.
audigy 2 zs is also 2x beter than wery good motherboard souncard (becouse eax for games rocks).
So, i could say my gaming sounds are 2x beter/4x beter now. Price for this ultimate gaming experience is 150e (headphones) + 70e (audigy 2zs) = 220e.

SOme inside my clan say now that i got wh. But when u got great souds and u know places, man, it is much like wallhack.

Jun 30, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

This isn't mentioned enough. Great positioning can be had with some $20 headphones when paired with a great gaming card like an Audigy 2 / 2zs.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandaa
ive had the zalmans and the medusas ..zalmans were like being stabbed in the ear and the medusas had good sound quality but still lacked true 5.1 .. are the dolby ones really that good ?

Dolby Headphone is a processing technology (and not some cans!
smily_headphones1.gif
), hence you'd be using a DH processor. That'll (basically) work with any set of cans, though the ones available typically don't give a line out but a headphone out and come bundled with some so-so cans.

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #57 of 63
in gamming there is no way a stereo headphone can match with 5.1 headphone in positioning. so get the Zalman 5.1 headphone with Zalman 5.1 amp
600smile.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryg
in gamming there is no way a stereo headphone can match with 5.1 headphone in positioning. so get the Zalman 5.1 headphone with Zalman 5.1 amp
600smile.gif

This is only true if all of the speakers in the headphones are positioned correctly, and are well matched.

Jul 1, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #59 of 63
Zalman 5.1's blow. Kind of gives you 5.1 minus the .1 (bass) and lack any real detail. I'm a little picky about the .1 because my two gaming rigs have SVS and Paradigm for bass when not wearing cans. If someone put some decent drivers in them they might be worthy. Kind of surprised no one likes Grados for gaming cause I've been using SR60's for years and now love my MS2i's. If some of these other cans are really better for gaming a lot of you guys better hope I don't get them because twice a year when I migrate to civilization you won't just get schooled, you'll get detention. lol......I have no problem finding my prey with Grados but I'm not closed minded and will do a little experimenting the next time I'm visiting a place that doesn't require satellite internet. I suppose it might not be the Grados and could have more to do with my almost 30 years of gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back