Good games for Xbox?
Dec 28, 2006 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm going to be getting a Xbox soon, so I was wondering which games to buy. I've already got Halo and Halo 2 so that's covered. I like all types of games, RPGs, Racing, Adventure, FPS, the lot.

So reccommend some good ones!

EDIT: I should mention I'm talking about the original one and not the 360.

EDIT 2: I'm getting the Xbox for $100 with 4 controllers. Is that a decent price or should I save my money and get a Wii?

Dec 28, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 18
For FPS: don't forget Half-Life 2 and Doom 3. Or at least rent them; both are comparable to the Halo series in terms of graphics and single-player experience, if not multiplayer fragfests.

Don't skimp on Xbox Live! You know you want to pwn n00bs...

Dec 28, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 18
Thanks for the replies guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got Doom 3 and Half Life 2 for PC and played Half Life 2 for Xbox. On the PC it was nice because of better visuals and better controls so I don't know if I'll buy the two again on the Xbox.

So should I get CoD 2 or CoD 3 now that its out?

Also, I've had people come over to my house (8 -16 players usually) for Halo/Halo 2 LAN parties, are there any other games that rival Halo in this catagory?

Dec 28, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #7 of 18
If you already own the PC versions, don't bother with the Xbox ports; Doom 3 has a run-of-the-mill multiplayer option, and Half-Life 2 has none at all.

And as I know, there's nothing anywhere, except for the Counter Strike series, that rivals Halo in fragfest fun (talking about Live here). And the Halo servers have a lot more n00bs to pwn...

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #8 of 18
Racing(ish)
Burnout 3: Takedown
Burnout Revenge

Horror
Fatal Frame 1
Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Silent Hill 4: The Room

Action/Adventure
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Indigo Prophecy

Sports
SSX 3 (Snowboarding)
Top Spin (Tennis)

Dec 28, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 18
Forza Motorsport - Racing
Dai Senryaku - Hex-based, turn-based military strategy
Ninja Gaiden - Action
Crimson Skies - Flight Action (good MP)
Otogi I & II - Action
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Rails shooter
Metal Slug 3, 4&5 - Action (side scroller)
Guilty Gear X2 - Sprite based Fighter

Sorry. I think a lot of these will be hard to find.

Dec 28, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #12 of 18
At $50 a pop I only recommend games that are not only great looking and fun but also have great replay value. Aside from Halo the absolute must haves for Xbox are:

Mercenaries
Burnout 3: Takedown
Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars: Battlefront II

Dec 28, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 18
Hmmm... Is Midtown Madness 3 and Project Gotham 1 & 2 worth buying?

Anyway, once I get the 'box I'll go check out some of the games you guys are talking about!
icon10.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #15 of 18
Argh. Hard choice.

$100 Xbox with 4 controllers so I can play friends in Halo and whatnot or PS2 with its huge, huge range of RPG's and the Wii with its new control system. I'm sorta leaning towards the Xbox or PS2 at this point because I generally don't like spending too much on console video games.

Hmm...PS2 is about $70 used nowadays so hmm... I could pick up another controller and a modchip (for imports) for about $50 more and not want another RPG game for a looong time.

Choices...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back