Good flac player for mac ?
Jul 9, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #31 of 37
I am not sure it was just me or:
I did some test and feel the songbird in OSX sound worse than foobar+ASIO in Windows xp. It just give me the feeling like foobar's sound is way more clear, clean. Even my girl friend can feel the difference.
My test setup is:

Songbird:
macbook pro + Creative USB sound card(cheap one,I do not have DAC yet)+DV 332+HD650

and

Foobar+ASIO(did the setting as http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/as...nation-221237/)
T61(windows xp sp3) + Creative USB sound card(cheap one,I do not have DAC yet)+DV 332+HD650.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #32 of 37
alxwang. Believe your ears.
If it sound good to your ears, just stick with it...

Jul 12, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #33 of 37
Thanks.

Finally decide base my own test result:

ITunes is best and cog for back up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alxwang. Believe your ears.
If it sound good to your ears, just stick with it...

Aug 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #34 of 37
I recently discovered a cross platform ope- source player, Clementine, which plays FLAC and a whole bunch of other formats.
It seems pretty promising, I haven't tested it yet on OSX, but it works pretty well in Win 7, it doesn't have problems with large (10000+) libraries contrary to Songbird.

It's still in version 0.4 and the first build is from march, so I'm pretty hopeful it will get better.
So if you've just swithed to Mac and don't want to convert your library to ALAC for whatever reason (messing up with personalized tags for example), Clementine could be the solution your looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back