Good copper interconnect?
Oct 25, 2008 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

olblueyez

Banned
I am looking for something Shielded, solid copper conductors, and single ended at 1m. Kimber looks good but I don't see any shielding. BJ looks decent but the conductors so thin. DiMarizo doesn't look bad but seems amiss about them, cant put my finger in it. AudioQuest seems a bit too Monster. Im looking to spend between 80 to 180 for one set. It will cross a couple of power cords and behind a power supply so I think shielding is mandatory. I want it to be warm and to have alot of bass impact. Please no DIY people (I just spent 2 months screwing around with that). I have been going in circles on the internet, any idea's would be much appreciated.

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 11
Kimber is great, never mind the shielding, the braiding takes care of that (basically since each wire goes in and out the braid it will not work as an antenna).
Want to save money? Build your own Kimber PBJ. Even cheaper and much better sounding then the IMO overhyped BJ.

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 11
The Van Den Hul D102 III Hybrid is about at the limit of your price range. It's mostly found in Europe though (online stores that stock it tend to be in the UK) however you can get most of their copper cable off the roll to make your own as well.

Sometimes you can find, on eBay, The First Ultimate, which is their linear structured carbon cable - ie: it's neither copper nor silver but made from strands of carbon, for reasonable prices.

Aside from that, I'm not much of a believer in tuning systems using cables, as you're just adding distortion to distortion. Cables, IMO, should be a neutral as possible since we have enough to worry about as it is with the rest of our gear.

Oct 25, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 11
I'll second Kimber Kable. I've run my kimber all over the place while fine tuning my speakers and I've noticed not one problem with the lack a shielding. I find Kimber to have very good focus, but may not be the warmest option, well, compared to the Audioquest and Acoustic Zen that I've used. All-in-all, an excellent value, and probably what I'll stick with.

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by manofmathematics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll second Kimber Kable. I've run my kimber all over the place while fine tuning my speakers and I've noticed not one problem with the lack a shielding. I find Kimber to have very good focus, but may not be the warmest option, well, compared to the Audioquest and Acoustic Zen that I've used. All-in-all, an excellent value, and probably what I'll stick with.

Are you talking about speaker cable or ICs?

Oct 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 11
I'm new to cables, but Kimber's copper mini-mini interconnect (as sold through Headroom, ordered it with my Micro Amp) almost makes me a believer. Solid construction, looks cool and I swear I can hear a tiny smidgen more dynamics versus the mini-mini that headroom gives out with their Bithead.

IM very humble O
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back