Good combo? Denon D5000, Woo Audio 6, PS Audio DL III?
Mar 3, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #16 of 19
I was at the Northern California meet last Saturday. I had the opportunity to hear my D700's through Mikeymad's WooAudio WA5. It was stellar! Check my signature for my usual set-up. The right tubes seem to work just fine with the Denons... Granted that Woo is well north of $3000 (I'm thinkin near $6,000).

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 19
I now have the D5000. The D5000 sounds great with the WA6. In fact all my headphones sound great with it. I don't have a lot of experience with other amps, but I have no complaints with the WA6. I like it so much, I'm considering another Woo.

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone PM'ed me that his WA6 had a transformer buzz. Does anyone else have that problem?

I'm using my D2000's with my WA6 without any transformer buzz, no hum, completely quiet. I'm very satisfied with the combo. But then again I haven't heard them with any other amplifier other than my Project Headbox II which kind of sucks to be honest.

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using my D2000's with my WA6 without any transformer buzz, no hum, completely quiet. I'm very satisfied with the combo. But then again I haven't heard them with any other amplifier other than my Project Headbox II which kind of sucks to be honest.

Upgrade to the WA22 and join the Elite Woo Audio Society!
very_evil_smiley.gif
And while you're at it, buy a pair of D7000s! Also, since you're already upgrading, you might as well buy a fully modded DLIII.
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back