Good Closed Headphone that's portable?
Oct 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #16 of 22
They are crap...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek1984 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now I am leaning towards the Sennheiser PX 200's. I know the SQ isn't the greatest but they are closed and wouldn't look too big for the office. Could I buy the PX 100's and replace the ear pads with replacement pads meant for the PX 200's?

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #17 of 22
Even if you replace the ear pads of the PX100, wouldn't sound still leak our from the back of headphone? since you can't really modifiy the whole structure of it..

i vote for the es7. it has both looks and decent SQ

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Right now I am leaning towards the Sennheiser PX 200's. I know the SQ isn't the greatest but they are closed and wouldn't look too big for the office. Could I buy the PX 100's and replace the ear pads with replacement pads meant for the PX 200's?

No. The PX100 sounds good open, not closed.

You need headphones that don't leak sound, so you can enjoy them without bothering others. Some closed headphones do that well and others don't. The PX100 and any other open headphones are not suitable for use when close around others because they sound leak sound out. And I don't suggest going with the PX200. The K81DJ, ES7, and HD25-1 II seem like good options based on what I've read. The HD25-1 II is the one I would want if amping it, but it's out of your price range. The K81DJ probably is more bass heavy than the ES7; so either one of those may work for you.

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #19 of 22
Where would be a good place to buy the Audio Technica ATH-ES7? I saw a website selling it for $65 but I don't know how reputable it is, plus I heard that there could be some fake ones out there. Where to buy?

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Where would be a good place to buy the Audio Technica ATH-ES7? I saw a website selling it for $65 but I don't know how reputable it is, plus I heard that there could be some fake ones out there. Where to buy?

I found the $65 ones you're talking about. Those are fake. Buy from Amazon for $103 shipped.

The Denon 1001 will leak too much sound for the OP's needs, even though it is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back